Ranma ½ is a popular martial arts comedy manga series created by Rumiko Takahashi. The story is about a boy named Ranma Saotome who turns into a girl if poured with cold water and turns back into himself with hot water. This was a price that he had to pay after he along with his father, fell into the cursed springs. The manga is mostly about how Ranma deals with his “curse” as well as dealing with his rivals getting his love interest, Akane Tendo. The series is so popular in Japan that an anime adaptation was also produced.
As a way to celebrate its 30th anniversary, the national post office of Japan will release a framed Ranma ½ stamp set which will be available and for sale on July 18. The stamps set will be priced at 4,200 yen containing a stamp sheet holder, 10 character stamps, an A5-size calendar, and 12 full-color illustration postcards. This is another unique addition to your Ranma ½ collection.
The Ranma 1/2 manga was first published in the Weekly Shonen Sunday in 1987. It was then distributed to the west via Viz Media in 1995. The entire manga series was re-released in 2014 in 2-in-1 edition forms. In addition, its anime episodes, original video animations (OVAs), and movies were also re-released in Blu-ray.
This isn’t the first time that Japan had created special limited edition stamps. In fact, Lupin the 3rd, Super Mario, Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru, Kuroshitsuji: Book of the Atlantic, and Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale were also been issued special edition stamps.
While the anime and manga industries continue to step up their game when it comes to creating new content for its international followers, nothing will ever take over Ranma ½’s title as one of the most popular and memorable anime and manga franchise. If you still have room to own this one of a kind stamp set, then you need to own one before they are gone!
Source: Comic Natalie.
See also: 10 Reasons to Watch Natsume Yuujinchou
- First Chapter Impression: Anitomi
- Impressions so Far: Niehime to Kemono no Ou
- First Episode Impression: The Reflection
- First Episode Impression: 18If
- 10 Reasons to Watch Natsume Yuujinchou
- Viz Media Licenses 4 Manga Including Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- First Episode Impression: Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
- A "One Piece Day", Kyoto Collaboration and Magazine Takeover is Coming Up for "One Piece"
- ‘Fairy Tail’ Returns with Final Season in 2018!
- Viz Media to Release ‘Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rogue’ Anime Film in Spring 2018!
- The ‘One Piece’ Manga is Getting its Own Hollywood TV Show
- Limited Editoon 24th Volume and Drama CD are Out for My Teacher's 10th Annivesary
- Vintage Series Mister Ajikko gains Blu-ray Box for its 30th Anniversary
- Update! Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii TV Anime is Officially Confirmed with Details
- Sanrio Collaborates with ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ Franchise, New Items to Release This Fall!
- Smartphone Game ‘Monster Strike’ Collaborates with ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ in a Special Game Campaign
- Anime Jelyfish are out with Production I.G's Enoshimanz
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ Tops Japanese Box Office On its Opening Day!