Ranma ½ is a popular martial arts comedy manga series created by Rumiko Takahashi. The story is about a boy named Ranma Saotome who turns into a girl if poured with cold water and turns back into himself with hot water. This was a price that he had to pay after he along with his father, fell into the cursed springs. The manga is mostly about how Ranma deals with his “curse” as well as dealing with his rivals getting his love interest, Akane Tendo. The series is so popular in Japan that an anime adaptation was also produced.
As a way to celebrate its 30th anniversary, the national post office of Japan will release a framed Ranma ½ stamp set which will be available and for sale on July 18. The stamps set will be priced at 4,200 yen containing a stamp sheet holder, 10 character stamps, an A5-size calendar, and 12 full-color illustration postcards. This is another unique addition to your Ranma ½ collection.
The Ranma 1/2 manga was first published in the Weekly Shonen Sunday in 1987. It was then distributed to the west via Viz Media in 1995. The entire manga series was re-released in 2014 in 2-in-1 edition forms. In addition, its anime episodes, original video animations (OVAs), and movies were also re-released in Blu-ray.
This isn’t the first time that Japan had created special limited edition stamps. In fact, Lupin the 3rd, Super Mario, Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru, Kuroshitsuji: Book of the Atlantic, and Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale were also been issued special edition stamps.
While the anime and manga industries continue to step up their game when it comes to creating new content for its international followers, nothing will ever take over Ranma ½’s title as one of the most popular and memorable anime and manga franchise. If you still have room to own this one of a kind stamp set, then you need to own one before they are gone!
Source: Comic Natalie.
Top 5 Interesting Manga of the Week Nov 8, 1pmDifferent seasons may bring in new and different anime to choose from, but there are even more to choose from in the manga community as well.
First Impression: AnimegatarisNov 8, 9pmSynopsis Minoa Asagaya was just a normal girl starting off her first year of high school.
The Official PV of Overlord 2 is Now OutNov 11, 12pmThe second season of the fantasy series, “Overlord” now has a official teaser promotional video released as of Saturday.
Fans Celebrate 1,000 Episodes of ‘Pokemon’!Nov 10, 12am1,000 episodes—we are pretty sure that Pokemon was part of your childhood at some point.
- Solve Mystery Cases Together with Detective Conan at Universal Studios in Japan!
- Necrozma’s Secrets Teased in Latest ‘Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon’ Trailer
- Watch ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You’ on Disney XD on November 25!
- Nintendo Reveals of a Possible ‘Super Mario Bros.’ Animated Film
- Save Doraemon in the Upcoming Real Escape Game on March 2018 in Japan!
- Now You Can Play as Final Fantasy’s Noctis in ‘Tekken 7’!
- "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.'s" Live Action Film is Revealed to have a Special Cameo
- The Official PV of Overlord 2 is Now Out
- The Manga Version Thought: Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine
- A Poster Visual is Officially Released for "Digimon tri 6"
- Fans Celebrate 1,000 Episodes of ‘Pokemon’!
- “Special-Edition Comic” Story and Cover Image of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ Revealed!
- Tastemade Recreates the Delicious Katsudon Pirozhikis from ‘Yuri!!! on Ice’
- Additional Screenings Confirmed for ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You’!
- A "G" Sequel is Announced for "Himouto! Umaru-chan"
- First Impression: Animegataris
- Learn More on "A Place Further Than the Universe" with Newly Released Details
- Get More of Attack on Titan’s Levi with New Calendar!