Want to be an animator? Is it your dream to work or being mentored with one of Japan’s best animators? Now you can finally reach that dream for Sunrise Animation Studio will be establishing an Animator Training Program in April 2018! Headed by Hiroshi Koujina (director of Hunter X Hunter and Grenadier), this program is a revival of the company’s hands-on animation program called “Wagaki Juku” that ran for six years (2005 to 2011).
The program will be accepting around 10 trainees and also open to foreign applicants. Foreign applicants are required to understand conversational-level Japanese to be in the program. Sunrise will be screening the applicants and will be evaluated further with interviews and skills. Deadline for application is on July 25 so be sure to send in your applications before this day! Information on the requirements can be found here.
Qualified trainees in the program will not pay any tuition fees and they will receive a monthly allowance of 100,000 yen. They will receive one-year hands on animation training to develop their basic skills and later will be trained to work as animators for Sunrise. They will be trained by Sunrise’s line directors as well animators.
This animator training program will be begin April 2018 until March 2019. Animation trainings will be done every weekday from 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Be sure to pass your application as soon as possible. Who knows, you might be one of the next successful animators in Sunrise!
About the Company
Founded in 1972, Sunrise is one of Japan’s leading animation studios. A subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holding, the company’s headquarters is located in Suginam in Tokyo.
Sunrise is known for its production of mecha anime and produced in carefully detailed and fluid animation. One of their animated series that they’ve done under this similar theme are the following: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Code Geass R2, Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny, Dirty Pair, Mobile Suit Gundam, Space Runaway Ideon, and Crusher Joe. The studio has so far won the most number of Animage Awards.
Some of Sunrise’s popular anime productions are the following: Witch Hunter Robin, My-HIME, Love Live! School Idol Project, Cowboy Bebop , Crush Gear Turbo, Accel World, and Tiger and Bunny
Source: Anime ! Anime! Biz.
- Toonami to Premiere Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba on October 12
- Live-Action “Hell Girl” Film Previews Theme Song in New Trailer, Reveals New Poster
- Nintendo Previews Gameplay of Upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake Previews Turks, Don Corneo
- Atlus Reveals Opening Movie for Persona 5 Royal
- Score a Date with a Finger-Lickin’ Good Colonel Sanders in Dating Simulator Game by KFC
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of the Underworld Premiere Date Set on October 12
- Kaguya-sama Film Puts an End to Weathering With You’s 8-Week Box Office Domination
- New Trailer & Details Revealed for OVA Adaptation of Yuri Manga “Fragtime”
- New PV, Release Date & Other Details Revealed for Madoka Magica Side-Story Anime
- Devil May Cry 2 Gets a Nintendo Switch Release on September 19
- Violet Evergarden Film Delayed from Original January 2020 Opening
- 2019 Premiere of Yuri!!! On Ice Anime Film Postponed
- Crowdfunding Launched for Karakai Jozu no Takagi-San VR Anime
- One Piece Creator Eiichiro Oda: “I Want to End One Piece Manga in Five Years”
- Cast of Netflix’s Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Currently Prepping in New Zealand
- New Details Revealed on Upcoming Remake of Cooking Master Boy
- K-ON’s Houkago Tea Time Make Surprise Appearance at Animelo Summer Live 2019