Coming in June, in the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2017 event to be held in Tokyo and Yokohama, amongst the variety of films and talents to be showcased, animation director Takashi Nakamura will be having his first full 3DCG work screened 3 days of the event.
The Short Short Films Festival & Asia 2017 (SSFF & ASIA) is a qualifying film festival for the annual Academy Awards® and is one of Asia’s largest international short film festivals. Nearly 9,000 films from over 100 countries and regions around the world get a chance to have a running in the festival but out of this large number only the top tier works and talents are chosen with 250 titles being the general number for selection.
The festival will begin on June 1 and will run until June 25. In the span of these days, Nakamura’s work will be having the following schedule:
June 4 (11:20-13:10) – Omotesando Hills Space O in Tokyo
(with Takashi Namamura, sub director Mitsunori Murata, CG Director Hiroyuki Yosida)
Takashi Nakamura is an internationally acclaimed animator/director, but is also known to haveworked as a character designer, storyboard artist, screenplay composer, and script writer for other works. By far the most popular anime that he worked on is the key animation for the Studio Ghibli film hit “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.”
More than directing his work, Nakamura also worked on the screenplay, designs and storyboard. Working alongside him on the anime production was Shirogumi. Taking on as the CG Director of the production was Hiroyuki Yoshida.
For the work itself it tells the story of two very close siblings named Calysia and Ylionand and the struggles of their life al centered in the search for a unicorn. Their tale of struggle began the say that their father in his bid to capture a unicorn, kidnapped Calsyia, resulting in the two siblings being separated for ten years.
Following these years of separation, Ylionand trained to become a warrior and with a sword that was made from a unicorn’s horn, has set out for the hanging garden where the unicorns are said to live.
Source: Crunchyroll News
See also: Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED Makes ‘Attack on Titan’ Maneuver Gear Sword!
- Director of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Sends Drunken Tweets, Ufotable Apologizes For His Actions
- First Impression: Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor
- After the First: Cleanliness Boy Aoyama
- Bibury Animation Studio is Newly Launched by Anime Director Tensho
- Earning 500 Million at the Box Office is the No Game, No Life Zero Film
- Kickstarter Goal for Aria the Animation's English Dub is Achieved
- Art in Magic and Mystery: Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito
- Spin-off Manga on Seven Deadly Sins' Ban and Elaine Ends in September
- Planeterium Program for Bonobono Commemorated with Screening Event
- Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- 4 Haikyuu! Works to Air on AbemaTV Starting August 19
- Creator of ‘Hunter x Hunter’ Draws A 2-Chapter Manga
- After the First: Youkai Apartment
- General Anime Impressions: In Another World with My Smartphone
- A Project to Support Physics Studies in Japan Launches with "Particle Boys"
- Limited Edition Pikachu Filters are Available on Snapchat!
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ Continues to Dominate Japanese Theaters