Coming in June, in the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2017 event to be held in Tokyo and Yokohama, amongst the variety of films and talents to be showcased, animation director Takashi Nakamura will be having his first full 3DCG work screened 3 days of the event.
The Short Short Films Festival & Asia 2017 (SSFF & ASIA) is a qualifying film festival for the annual Academy Awards® and is one of Asia’s largest international short film festivals. Nearly 9,000 films from over 100 countries and regions around the world get a chance to have a running in the festival but out of this large number only the top tier works and talents are chosen with 250 titles being the general number for selection.
The festival will begin on June 1 and will run until June 25. In the span of these days, Nakamura’s work will be having the following schedule:
June 4 (11:20-13:10) – Omotesando Hills Space O in Tokyo
(with Takashi Namamura, sub director Mitsunori Murata, CG Director Hiroyuki Yosida)
Takashi Nakamura is an internationally acclaimed animator/director, but is also known to haveworked as a character designer, storyboard artist, screenplay composer, and script writer for other works. By far the most popular anime that he worked on is the key animation for the Studio Ghibli film hit “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.”
More than directing his work, Nakamura also worked on the screenplay, designs and storyboard. Working alongside him on the anime production was Shirogumi. Taking on as the CG Director of the production was Hiroyuki Yoshida.
For the work itself it tells the story of two very close siblings named Calysia and Ylionand and the struggles of their life al centered in the search for a unicorn. Their tale of struggle began the say that their father in his bid to capture a unicorn, kidnapped Calsyia, resulting in the two siblings being separated for ten years.
Following these years of separation, Ylionand trained to become a warrior and with a sword that was made from a unicorn’s horn, has set out for the hanging garden where the unicorns are said to live.
Source: Crunchyroll News
See also: 5 Shows to Check Out for Summer 2017
- New Girls for PDP Project of Love Live Have been Revealed
- ‘Digimon Adventure tri.’ to have Stage Play Adaptation in August!
- Some Anime Songs to Jam This Sunday
- ‘Fairy Tail’ Manga to End in Ten Chapters
- Hayao Miyazaki’s “Final Film” to Start Production in October- Studio Ghibli now Hiring Animators !
- Meet the Crew and Dream Explorers of the New Puzzle Game Anime "18if"
- Presenting: Main Cast and Theme Song Performer for the new Romance Comedy "Gamers!"
- 5 Shows to Check Out for Summer 2017
- Rock Out and Join "Angel's 3P!" Fan Meeting Coming July 25
- Coming to NYC for a Screening: 8 Japanese Animated Shorts
- ‘Bungo Stray Dogs’ to have its First Smartphone Game
- The Lagoon Company Returns with a Rebroadcast and Continuation of Manga Publication
- Celerate and Get an Autograph for the Cuticle Detective Inaba's 18th Volume
- 5 Anime Dramas to Watch from 2000 to 2005
- ‘Metal Gear Solid 2’ and ‘Ponyo’ Voice Actor John Cygan Passes Away
- SSFF & ASIA 2017 to Present Takashi Nakamura's 1st 3DCG Short "Ylion and Callysia"
- 5 Short Anime with Short Episodes to Watch and Have a Good Time
- Coming May 2018, a New Film from the Creator of "Wolf Children", Mamoru Hosada