Coming in June, in the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2017 event to be held in Tokyo and Yokohama, amongst the variety of films and talents to be showcased, animation director Takashi Nakamura will be having his first full 3DCG work screened 3 days of the event.
The Short Short Films Festival & Asia 2017 (SSFF & ASIA) is a qualifying film festival for the annual Academy Awards® and is one of Asia’s largest international short film festivals. Nearly 9,000 films from over 100 countries and regions around the world get a chance to have a running in the festival but out of this large number only the top tier works and talents are chosen with 250 titles being the general number for selection.
The festival will begin on June 1 and will run until June 25. In the span of these days, Nakamura’s work will be having the following schedule:
June 4 (11:20-13:10) – Omotesando Hills Space O in Tokyo
(with Takashi Namamura, sub director Mitsunori Murata, CG Director Hiroyuki Yosida)
Takashi Nakamura is an internationally acclaimed animator/director, but is also known to haveworked as a character designer, storyboard artist, screenplay composer, and script writer for other works. By far the most popular anime that he worked on is the key animation for the Studio Ghibli film hit “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.”
More than directing his work, Nakamura also worked on the screenplay, designs and storyboard. Working alongside him on the anime production was Shirogumi. Taking on as the CG Director of the production was Hiroyuki Yoshida.
For the work itself it tells the story of two very close siblings named Calysia and Ylionand and the struggles of their life al centered in the search for a unicorn. Their tale of struggle began the say that their father in his bid to capture a unicorn, kidnapped Calsyia, resulting in the two siblings being separated for ten years.
Following these years of separation, Ylionand trained to become a warrior and with a sword that was made from a unicorn’s horn, has set out for the hanging garden where the unicorns are said to live.
Source: Crunchyroll News
See also: First Impression: Marchen Madhen
First Impression: Hakyuu HoushinFeb 4, 8amSynopsis This is a story that once begin as a hero’s story of one young Taikobo finds himself in charge of the mysterious Houshin Project.
New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanaiFeb 5, 11amSynopsis An old man lies on his bed and realizes that his time is about to come. Upon realizing this an angel appears before him and informs him that she will be taking him to heaven. Things however, do not turn out as expected.
- New Visual Released for ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 3!
- ‘Persona 5 the Animation' English-Subtitled Promo Video Released!
- 'Attack on Titan 2' Game Highlights Multiplayer Function in New Promotional Video
- "Maerchen Maedchen" Gains 3 More Magical Girls in its Cast
- The First Visual of K: Seven Stories 6-Episode's First Film is Out
- Super Prettycure Breaks a Record in Two Days with 60,000 Advanced Ticket Sales
- Get a Scare with Monsters Inc. Joining Kingdom Hearts III
- New Promo Video Released for ‘Digimon Adventure: tri.: Our Future’ Anime Film
- "Aikatsu Friends!" Has More Details Revealed with a New PV
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Sold Over More than 6 Million Physical and Digital Copies Worldwide!
- 'My Hero Academia' Season 3 to have Three More Additional Characters
- Aya Ueto Guest Stars in Latest Detective Conan Film After 12 Years
- Premiering on February 17 is the IDOLiSH7 Vibrato Net Spinoff Anime
- Prepare this Fall for a New ‘Blood-C’ Live-Action film
- New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanai
- Character Designs and New Visuals are Revealed for Upcoming ‘Steins;Gate 0’ Anime
- New Manga Impression: Onee Joouto Shirayuki Hime
- First Impression: Marchen Madhen