Coming in June, in the Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2017 event to be held in Tokyo and Yokohama, amongst the variety of films and talents to be showcased, animation director Takashi Nakamura will be having his first full 3DCG work screened 3 days of the event.
The Short Short Films Festival & Asia 2017 (SSFF & ASIA) is a qualifying film festival for the annual Academy Awards® and is one of Asia’s largest international short film festivals. Nearly 9,000 films from over 100 countries and regions around the world get a chance to have a running in the festival but out of this large number only the top tier works and talents are chosen with 250 titles being the general number for selection.
The festival will begin on June 1 and will run until June 25. In the span of these days, Nakamura’s work will be having the following schedule:
June 4 (11:20-13:10) – Omotesando Hills Space O in Tokyo
(with Takashi Namamura, sub director Mitsunori Murata, CG Director Hiroyuki Yosida)
Takashi Nakamura is an internationally acclaimed animator/director, but is also known to haveworked as a character designer, storyboard artist, screenplay composer, and script writer for other works. By far the most popular anime that he worked on is the key animation for the Studio Ghibli film hit “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.”
More than directing his work, Nakamura also worked on the screenplay, designs and storyboard. Working alongside him on the anime production was Shirogumi. Taking on as the CG Director of the production was Hiroyuki Yoshida.
For the work itself it tells the story of two very close siblings named Calysia and Ylionand and the struggles of their life al centered in the search for a unicorn. Their tale of struggle began the say that their father in his bid to capture a unicorn, kidnapped Calsyia, resulting in the two siblings being separated for ten years.
Following these years of separation, Ylionand trained to become a warrior and with a sword that was made from a unicorn’s horn, has set out for the hanging garden where the unicorns are said to live.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- Staff Reveals 5 More Characters and Cast for Infini-T Force Anime
- Netflix Presents in 2018, the Rilakkuma Mascot Anime
- PV for Cleanliness Boy! Aoyama-kun Reveals More Cast and Ending Song
- Yasuhisa Kubo Takes Two Issue Break for Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
- Studio Ghibli Film ‘The Red Turtle’ Wins the Animafest Zagreb Award
- A Curvy Love Story: Pochamani
- New Visual Revealed for 13th Blu-ray/DVD of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Extra Cast is Unveiled for Fate/Apocrypha TV Anime
- The irregular at magic high school Collaborate with Onigiri Society for Film Premier
- Beauty in Surrealism: Paprika
- Restaurant to Another World Casts Junichi Suwabe with 4 Others and Reveals PV
- A Heartfelt Fluff: Gakuen Babysitters
- A Call for Artists is Up for the "Mysterious Thief Saint Tail" Manga Sequel
- Blu-ray Plans are Made as the End of Alice to Zouroku Draws Near
- Author Sekina Aoi Releases Daily Stories for "Gamers!" Before its Anime Premier
- More Cast and Performers are Out for Yōkai Apāto no Yūga na Nichijō Anime
- Catch ‘PPAP’ Singer Pikotaro In His Own Anime!
- Set for January 2018, "Violet Evergarden" a Film by Kyoani