The past year, Makoto Shinkai’s your name has been dominating the movie blockbuster charts selling over millions worth of ticket sales. This year, the anime movie adaptation of the manga Koe no Katachi or A Silent Voice wins Best Animation of the Year during The 26th Annual Japan Movie Critics Awards held on Tuesday. Naoko Yamada, who is the director of the anime film adaptation of the well-loved manga series, also received recognition on this prestigious awarding event.
A Silent Voice first premiered in Japan on September 17, 2016 which followed with a worldwide premiere that started in February 2017. It was an anime movie blockbuster hit with ticket gross sales at 19.56USD million!
The movie is based on the manga of the same name by Yoshitoki Oima. It centers on the lives of two different individuals namely Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya. Nishimiya is a mute classmate of Ishida, who was a bully to her along with his other classmates. When she transferred schools, karma strikes and Ishida was being bullied from almost everyone he knew at school. Pitied about the past experiences, he decided to learn sign language and hopefully get to patch up with Nishimiya and the people whom he has hurt in the past.
A Silent Voice’s anime adaptation was announced in the last chapter of the manga which was released on November 2014. Fast forward to 2015, Weekly Shonen Magazine made an announcement that the adaptation will be in an anime film slated to premiere on the fourth quarter of 2016. The film’s script was well-written by Reiko Yoshida while the character designs were done by Futoshi Nishiya. Pony Canyon along with Kensuke Ushio produced and composed the music for the film.
On its premiere in Japan, it was at number 2 just behind Makoto Shinkai’s your name. Many anime fans praised this movie for being closely accurate to the manga regardless if some things were skipped. If you are looking for an anime movie to watch this 2017, make sure that A Silent Voice should be at the top of your list. The animation is superb, the music is fantastic, and a powerhouse voice cast. You will be captured by its magic. Be sure to hit the theaters when this movie is showing near you!
Source: Mantan Web.
- SOS Brigade from “Haruhi Suzumiya” Finally Reunite After 12 Years
- John Cho Appears to be Preparing for Spike Spiegel Role With New Hairdo
- Japanese VAs of Attack on Titan’s Eren Jaeger & K-On’s Azusa Nakano Announce Marriage
- Shoko Nakagawa to Perform New Ending Theme Song for ‘Pokémon Sun & Moon’ Anime
- ‘Prison Break’ TV Drama Series Gets Manga Adaptation
- First “Devil May Cry” Game to be Available on Switch Next Week
- New Cyborg 009 Manga to be Launched this July
- Square Enix Explains Reason for Downsizing of Tifa’s Chest in FFVII Remake
- “Himouto! Umaru-chan” VA Aimi Tanaka Reveals That She Underwent Surgery, Has Already Recovered
- Assassin’s Pride Anime Announces Main Cast, Staff
- New Captain Harlock Manga Launched, French Artist Jérôme Alquié Credited for Manga’s Art
- Season 4 Confirmed for “Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma”
- Square Enix Confirms That Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Playable in the Play Station 5
- Otakon in Washington to Host Fruits Basket’s Tohru, Yuki, and Hatsuharu Japanese VAs
- BanG Dream! Releases Full Trailer For Its 1st Concert Film
- Voice Actresses of ‘Made in Abyss’ and ‘Promised Neverland’ Confirmed to Attend Anime Expo
- “Kaguya-Sama: Love is War” VA Aoi Koga to Have a Guest Role in the Series’ Live-Action Film
- Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Releases New Trailer & OP Preview, July Premiere Set