Konbini Kareshi – An Anime Adaptation about High School Boys Visiting a Convenience Store to Premiere in July!
As we go into a new anime viewing season, there are still a lot to look forward to in the Summer Anime Season especially in July.
It was announced on Thursday that the mixed media project titled Konbini Kareshi is green-lit to have its own anime television adaptation. It is slated to premiere in TBS and other TV networks in Japan in July.
Just to give you a little background about this, the Konbini Kareshi mixed-media project was created by B’s Log Comic magazine. The said publication is owned under the company Kondasha. The story is centered on a group of handsome and irresistibly looking high school boys who always give their time to drop by at a convenience store. Launched in 2015, the project has already produced magazine-style books (mooks) that have bundled Drama CD’s in them. For a project that has handsome boys in them, these are really something worth buying (if you have extra cash that is!).
So far, the seiyuu cast has not been revealed yet. However, key people who will be working on the project have already been confirmed. To start off, the confirmed director for the Konbiri Kareshi anime will be Hayato Date. He will be directing the anime production in Studio Pierrot. Date is notable for being the director of the following anime series: Naruto, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Sayuki, and Vampire Princess Miyu to name a few.
Satomi Ishikawa will be doing the anime’s character designs and he will be basing it from Makoto Senzaki’s original illustrations of the mixed project. His previous works were doing key animation for Buddy Complex and doing character designs for Tokimeki Restaurant. The series composition will be done by Sayaka Harada who also did series compositions for the STARMYU Season 1 and Season 2 anime and OAV.
Hot Japanese high school boys, a slice of life kind of plot, and a convenience store. Although these elements seem to be a common formula for an anime centered for the female demographic, it doesn’t seem to hurt in giving this anime a try. We hope that this show would also be available outside of Japan for us to also enjoy this upcoming show. If you don’t have any anime yet to add on your Summer season anime list, then give the first few episodes of this upcoming anime a chance.
More updates on this anime very soon!
Source: Matan Web.
See also: Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED Makes ‘Attack on Titan’ Maneuver Gear Sword!
- Director of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Sends Drunken Tweets, Ufotable Apologizes For His Actions
- First Impression: Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor
- After the First: Cleanliness Boy Aoyama
- Bibury Animation Studio is Newly Launched by Anime Director Tensho
- Earning 500 Million at the Box Office is the No Game, No Life Zero Film
- Kickstarter Goal for Aria the Animation's English Dub is Achieved
- Art in Magic and Mystery: Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito
- Spin-off Manga on Seven Deadly Sins' Ban and Elaine Ends in September
- Planeterium Program for Bonobono Commemorated with Screening Event
- Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- 4 Haikyuu! Works to Air on AbemaTV Starting August 19
- Creator of ‘Hunter x Hunter’ Draws A 2-Chapter Manga
- After the First: Youkai Apartment
- General Anime Impressions: In Another World with My Smartphone
- A Project to Support Physics Studies in Japan Launches with "Particle Boys"
- Limited Edition Pikachu Filters are Available on Snapchat!
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ Continues to Dominate Japanese Theaters