It seems that Attack on Titan is now expanding its franchise borders into something surprising as a planetarium show!
Shingeki no Kyojin In the Dome –Heishi-tachi no Hoshizora- (Attack on Titan In the Dome- The Soldiers’ Starlit Sky-) is planetarium show production that is officially green-lit. This one-of-a-kind show (to run from May 27 to October 29) will happen at the Konica Minolta Planetarium “Tenkū” in Osaka, Tokyo. If you have travel plans to Japan within these dates, then this show should part of your travel itinerary!
To those who will be visiting the planetarium show during the weekdays, you will be able to join in a riddle game where you can use your cellphone to send text messages to Armin, Eren, and Levi to help you solve the riddle.
Although the text messaging the Attack on Titan gang and this being a planetarium show, some elements seem to be a bit off from the franchise’s main theme. But hey, doesn’t hurt to stop by and visit. So far, no additional information has been released such as the ticket prices and other offers. We hope however that this show would be something worth spending and catch interest for Attack on Titan fans.
The second season of the Attack of Titan anime officially premiered in Japan on April 1 in which Funimation also did a simulcast on the same day. Anime streaming website Crunchyroll has also began streaming the new season for its members to watch and enjoy. TV channel Toonami will be premiering the second season on Saturday.
Just to give you a background of what Attack on Titan is, it is a popular manga series created in September 9, 2009 by Hajime Isayama. The manga series is still ongoing until this day. The series popularity rose sky high even more when its anime adaptation began airing in April 7, 2013. The franchise has so far expanded in video games, Original Video Animations (OVAs), movies, merchandise, tourist attractions, and so on.
Not all promotions and projects under the franchise’s name are smooth sailing. The production staff of the upcoming stage play of Attack on Titan recently announced that the show is officially cancelled, originally planned to run for 55 performances at the Maihama Amphitheater in Chiba, Tokyo from July 28 to September 3. The cause of this sudden cancelation is due to the death of the production’s 38-year-old acrobat named Kazutaka Yoshino. The stage play’s staff is now coordinating with local authorities in the investigation of his death.
More information about the planetarium show can be found in the The Animate Times.
See also: First Impression: Juuni Taisen
Top 5 New Fall Anime to Check Out for the WeekOct 13, 11amEvery season brings a new anime and for the fall season there is a number of fantasy, comedy and action series to be enjoyed with interesting plots to add to them.
Top 5 New Openings For the WeekOct 15, 11amA new season, new anime and that means new songs to add to one’s musical list.
First Impression: Taisshou Chichai-sanOct 13, 12pmSynopsis A young man by the name of Hiiragi Kyouichirou was heading to Tokyo in order to study in university, but due to stray thought and possibly his family sword, he ends up getting involved in a plot for the Imperial Army The Good For such a short episode, the fact that it was able to cram in as much detail as it did while also slipping in some pinches of comedy is worthy of a thumbs up.
Initial First Impression: Infini-T ForceOct 15, 9pmSynopsis Based on the series of the same name, this is a different take on the original story involving a young girl able to summon heroes from another world.
- Banette, Sableye, and More Hoenn Pokemon are Coming Your Way in Pokemon GO!
- An Anime Short Campaign is Launched by Rock Band Kūsō Iinkai
- The ‘Seven Deadly Sins’ Ranked at #4 in Netflix’s Most Watched Shows
- English Dub Clips Revealed for ‘Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto’!
- Mob Psycho 100 Turns Live-action with a Confirmed Staff and Cast Member
- Action Scenes and More Heroes are Revealed for Fire Emblem: Warriors via Trailer
- "KiraKira Precure" Confirms a "Maho Girls" Cameo in its Film
- The Ghibli Museum Features A Sequel of ‘My Neighbor Totoro’
- Netflix Confirms Productions of “30 New Anime Series” for 2018
- Popular Smartphone Game ‘Granblue Fantasy’ Gets New Anime Series!
- Media Company Broccoli Confirms 70% Profit Drop in its 1st Half of Fiscal Year
- Initial First Impression: Infini-T Force
- Bungou Stray Dogs Holds a 2 Season Screening this November
- New Manga Thoughts: The Duke of Death and His Black Maid
- Top 5 New Openings For the Week
- Street Fighter V Reveals a New Ninja Character for October
- First Impression: Juuni Taisen
- A Collaboration Movie Between Boruto and Lope and Akira is Coming Soon