It seems that Attack on Titan is now expanding its franchise borders into something surprising as a planetarium show!
Shingeki no Kyojin In the Dome –Heishi-tachi no Hoshizora- (Attack on Titan In the Dome- The Soldiers’ Starlit Sky-) is planetarium show production that is officially green-lit. This one-of-a-kind show (to run from May 27 to October 29) will happen at the Konica Minolta Planetarium “Tenkū” in Osaka, Tokyo. If you have travel plans to Japan within these dates, then this show should part of your travel itinerary!
To those who will be visiting the planetarium show during the weekdays, you will be able to join in a riddle game where you can use your cellphone to send text messages to Armin, Eren, and Levi to help you solve the riddle.
Although the text messaging the Attack on Titan gang and this being a planetarium show, some elements seem to be a bit off from the franchise’s main theme. But hey, doesn’t hurt to stop by and visit. So far, no additional information has been released such as the ticket prices and other offers. We hope however that this show would be something worth spending and catch interest for Attack on Titan fans.
The second season of the Attack of Titan anime officially premiered in Japan on April 1 in which Funimation also did a simulcast on the same day. Anime streaming website Crunchyroll has also began streaming the new season for its members to watch and enjoy. TV channel Toonami will be premiering the second season on Saturday.
Just to give you a background of what Attack on Titan is, it is a popular manga series created in September 9, 2009 by Hajime Isayama. The manga series is still ongoing until this day. The series popularity rose sky high even more when its anime adaptation began airing in April 7, 2013. The franchise has so far expanded in video games, Original Video Animations (OVAs), movies, merchandise, tourist attractions, and so on.
Not all promotions and projects under the franchise’s name are smooth sailing. The production staff of the upcoming stage play of Attack on Titan recently announced that the show is officially cancelled, originally planned to run for 55 performances at the Maihama Amphitheater in Chiba, Tokyo from July 28 to September 3. The cause of this sudden cancelation is due to the death of the production’s 38-year-old acrobat named Kazutaka Yoshino. The stage play’s staff is now coordinating with local authorities in the investigation of his death.
More information about the planetarium show can be found in the The Animate Times.
- Staff Reveals 5 More Characters and Cast for Infini-T Force Anime
- Netflix Presents in 2018, the Rilakkuma Mascot Anime
- PV for Cleanliness Boy! Aoyama-kun Reveals More Cast and Ending Song
- Yasuhisa Kubo Takes Two Issue Break for Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
- Studio Ghibli Film ‘The Red Turtle’ Wins the Animafest Zagreb Award
- A Curvy Love Story: Pochamani
- New Visual Revealed for 13th Blu-ray/DVD of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Extra Cast is Unveiled for Fate/Apocrypha TV Anime
- The irregular at magic high school Collaborate with Onigiri Society for Film Premier
- Beauty in Surrealism: Paprika
- Restaurant to Another World Casts Junichi Suwabe with 4 Others and Reveals PV
- A Heartfelt Fluff: Gakuen Babysitters
- A Call for Artists is Up for the "Mysterious Thief Saint Tail" Manga Sequel
- Blu-ray Plans are Made as the End of Alice to Zouroku Draws Near
- Author Sekina Aoi Releases Daily Stories for "Gamers!" Before its Anime Premier
- More Cast and Performers are Out for Yōkai Apāto no Yūga na Nichijō Anime
- Catch ‘PPAP’ Singer Pikotaro In His Own Anime!
- Set for January 2018, "Violet Evergarden" a Film by Kyoani