Many times have their been works in the anime community that have been considered as bizarre or surreal, whether it be from their art or plot, and yet a number of them have left a memorable mark, such as “Parasyte” and “Cat Soup”. This time however, an upcoming anime series takes a new direction in the world of strange anime, and not just in art.
This new strange and surreal anime is based on the cult web comic entitled “Pop Team Epic” by Bubu Okawa and is set to be released in October of this year. First released in 2014 and serialized in Takeshobo’s Manga Life Win digital manga publication the four panel comics tell of the comedic moments of two females in high school uniforms whether bunny ears or ordering food, it is a comedic scene for the duo.
These two girls are Popuko a.k.a Poppo and Pipimi a.k.a. Peppi, both whom are 14-years-old. Popuko, is characterized as a short girl with amber eyes and hair styled up in short pigtails. Pipimi on the other hand is defined as the taller one of the two and has light blue eyes and long straight blue hair with a red bow as a hair accessory.
With no concrete plot known, the upcoming anime to be known as “Hoshiiro Girldrop, Pop Team Epic” was initially teased to be a “crap anime” seeing as the series itself comprised mainly of random moments for the amusement and confusion of the audience.
There is currently little to be known on the staff and cast that will be working on the upcoming series. However, it has been confirmed on who will be working on the animation. It is none other than the man who worked on the opening animation of the series “Gatchaman Crowds” and “Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure”, Kamikaze Douga.
While there is little news in regards to the production, a key visual was released with the announcement and held the tag line translating to “You’re going to regret this, Takeshobo…”. Along with this, it has been reported that an official page and Twitter page with the ID@hoshiiro_anime has been released.
See also: Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED Makes ‘Attack on Titan’ Maneuver Gear Sword!
- Director of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Sends Drunken Tweets, Ufotable Apologizes For His Actions
- First Impression: Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor
- After the First: Cleanliness Boy Aoyama
- Bibury Animation Studio is Newly Launched by Anime Director Tensho
- Earning 500 Million at the Box Office is the No Game, No Life Zero Film
- Kickstarter Goal for Aria the Animation's English Dub is Achieved
- Art in Magic and Mystery: Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito
- Spin-off Manga on Seven Deadly Sins' Ban and Elaine Ends in September
- Planeterium Program for Bonobono Commemorated with Screening Event
- Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- 4 Haikyuu! Works to Air on AbemaTV Starting August 19
- Creator of ‘Hunter x Hunter’ Draws A 2-Chapter Manga
- After the First: Youkai Apartment
- General Anime Impressions: In Another World with My Smartphone
- A Project to Support Physics Studies in Japan Launches with "Particle Boys"
- Limited Edition Pikachu Filters are Available on Snapchat!
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ Continues to Dominate Japanese Theaters