Earlier this week, Funimation challenged its viewers to deduct what could be its future important announcement by posting a teaser image of a blond girl holding pipe. Two days later, Funimation finally confirmed our guesses: this North American anime distributor will release the English dub version of Gosick mystery anime in May.
The English dub version’s first 12 of the 24 episodes is slated to have its Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack release this coming May 30.
— Funimation (@FUNimation) February 16, 2017
The some of the English dub cast were as follows:
• Apphia Yu as Victorique de Blois
• Matt Shipman as Kazuya Kujo
• Adam Rowe as Grevil de Blois
• Kristen McGuire as Cecil Lafitte
• Erica Mendez as Avril Bradley
• Morgan Garrett as Sophie
• David Wald as Albert de Blois
• Elizabeth Maxwell as Cordelia Gallo
• Robert McCollum as Brian Roscoe
• Kent Williams as Jupiter Roger
• Clifford Chapin as Yasuhiro Kujo
• Megan Shipman as Ruri Kujo
The anime is based on Kazuki Sakuraba’s original mystery novel series. It originally aired in Japan in 2011, and was also simulcasted by Crunchyroll in English subtitles.
Story Synopsis (by Crunchyroll)
“Gosick takes place in 1924 in a small, made-up European country of Sauville. It centers on Kazuya Kujo, the third son of a Japanese Imperial soldier, who is a transfer student at St. Marguerite Academy and Victorique, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl who never attends class and spends her days reading the entire content of the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can’t solve. They meet at St. Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage.”
See also: First Impression: Juuni Taisen
Top 5 New Fall Anime to Check Out for the WeekOct 13, 11amEvery season brings a new anime and for the fall season there is a number of fantasy, comedy and action series to be enjoyed with interesting plots to add to them.
Top 5 New Openings For the WeekOct 15, 11amA new season, new anime and that means new songs to add to one’s musical list.
First Impression: Taisshou Chichai-sanOct 13, 12pmSynopsis A young man by the name of Hiiragi Kyouichirou was heading to Tokyo in order to study in university, but due to stray thought and possibly his family sword, he ends up getting involved in a plot for the Imperial Army The Good For such a short episode, the fact that it was able to cram in as much detail as it did while also slipping in some pinches of comedy is worthy of a thumbs up.
Initial First Impression: Infini-T ForceOct 15, 9pmSynopsis Based on the series of the same name, this is a different take on the original story involving a young girl able to summon heroes from another world.
- Banette, Sableye, and More Hoenn Pokemon are Coming Your Way in Pokemon GO!
- An Anime Short Campaign is Launched by Rock Band Kūsō Iinkai
- The ‘Seven Deadly Sins’ Ranked at #4 in Netflix’s Most Watched Shows
- English Dub Clips Revealed for ‘Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto’!
- Mob Psycho 100 Turns Live-action with a Confirmed Staff and Cast Member
- Action Scenes and More Heroes are Revealed for Fire Emblem: Warriors via Trailer
- "KiraKira Precure" Confirms a "Maho Girls" Cameo in its Film
- The Ghibli Museum Features A Sequel of ‘My Neighbor Totoro’
- Netflix Confirms Productions of “30 New Anime Series” for 2018
- Popular Smartphone Game ‘Granblue Fantasy’ Gets New Anime Series!
- Media Company Broccoli Confirms 70% Profit Drop in its 1st Half of Fiscal Year
- Initial First Impression: Infini-T Force
- Bungou Stray Dogs Holds a 2 Season Screening this November
- New Manga Thoughts: The Duke of Death and His Black Maid
- Top 5 New Openings For the Week
- Street Fighter V Reveals a New Ninja Character for October
- First Impression: Juuni Taisen
- A Collaboration Movie Between Boruto and Lope and Akira is Coming Soon