Earlier this week, Funimation challenged its viewers to deduct what could be its future important announcement by posting a teaser image of a blond girl holding pipe. Two days later, Funimation finally confirmed our guesses: this North American anime distributor will release the English dub version of Gosick mystery anime in May.
The English dub version’s first 12 of the 24 episodes is slated to have its Blu-ray Disc and DVD combo pack release this coming May 30.
— Funimation (@FUNimation) February 16, 2017
The some of the English dub cast were as follows:
• Apphia Yu as Victorique de Blois
• Matt Shipman as Kazuya Kujo
• Adam Rowe as Grevil de Blois
• Kristen McGuire as Cecil Lafitte
• Erica Mendez as Avril Bradley
• Morgan Garrett as Sophie
• David Wald as Albert de Blois
• Elizabeth Maxwell as Cordelia Gallo
• Robert McCollum as Brian Roscoe
• Kent Williams as Jupiter Roger
• Clifford Chapin as Yasuhiro Kujo
• Megan Shipman as Ruri Kujo
The anime is based on Kazuki Sakuraba’s original mystery novel series. It originally aired in Japan in 2011, and was also simulcasted by Crunchyroll in English subtitles.
Story Synopsis (by Crunchyroll)
“Gosick takes place in 1924 in a small, made-up European country of Sauville. It centers on Kazuya Kujo, the third son of a Japanese Imperial soldier, who is a transfer student at St. Marguerite Academy and Victorique, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl who never attends class and spends her days reading the entire content of the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can’t solve. They meet at St. Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage.”
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- A New Visual, Cast, and Schedule Details are Out for Tsukumogami Kashimasu
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App