If you love the songs featured in Makoto Shinkai’s international-hit Kimi no Nawa (Your name) anime film, and kind of wish you can also hear and sing the songs in English language too, this could be a good news for you! Earlier this week, RADWIMPS, the Japanese band responsible for the ‘music-feels’ in Shinkai’s latest movie, started to stream a trailer for its “Kimi no Na wa. English edition” single.
The video previews small clips from the English versions of “Dream lantern,” “Zenzenzense,” “Sparkle,” and"Nandemonaiya" songs.
RADWIMPS’ new single is slated to be released this coming February 22. For people outside Japan, RADWIMPS’ entire Kimi no Nawa soundtrack, which includes an English track list, will ship worldwide on March 10. The release also went on sale digitally on January 27.
Kimi no Nawa debuted in Japan last August. It has become the fourth highest-grossing film of all time in Japan, and, at the same time, the second highest-grossing Japanese film, next to Hayao Miyazawa’s Spirited Away. It was also screened in other countries like South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Taiwan, and the Philippines.
This coming April, Funimation will screen both the original Japanese with English subtitles and English dub versions of the film.
Funimation will open the film in the United States and Canada on April 7. The company will host film screenings in both the original Japanese with English subtitles and an English dub. The film will run on more than 200 screens with English subtitles or dub in North America.
The new English versions of RADWIPS’songs will be featured in the English-dubbed version of the movie.
The movie synopsis (by Funimation)
“The day the stars fell, two lives changed forever. High schoolers Mitsuha and Taki are complete strangers living separate lives. But one night, they suddenly switch places. Mitsuha wakes up in Taki’s body, and he in hers. This bizarre occurrence continues to happen randomly, and the two must adjust their lives around each other. Yet, somehow, it works. They build a connection and communicate by leaving notes, messages, and more importantly, an imprint.
When a dazzling comet lights up the night’s sky, it dawns on them. They want something more from this connection—a chance to meet, an opportunity to truly know each other. Tugging at the string of fate, they try to find a way to each other. But distance isn’t the only thing keeping them apart. Is their bond strong enough to face the cruel irony of time? Or is their meeting nothing more than a wish upon the stars?”
With reports from Anime News Network.
See also: First Impression: Juuni Taisen
Top 5 New Fall Anime to Check Out for the WeekOct 13, 11amEvery season brings a new anime and for the fall season there is a number of fantasy, comedy and action series to be enjoyed with interesting plots to add to them.
Top 5 New Openings For the WeekOct 15, 11amA new season, new anime and that means new songs to add to one’s musical list.
First Impression: Taisshou Chichai-sanOct 13, 12pmSynopsis A young man by the name of Hiiragi Kyouichirou was heading to Tokyo in order to study in university, but due to stray thought and possibly his family sword, he ends up getting involved in a plot for the Imperial Army The Good For such a short episode, the fact that it was able to cram in as much detail as it did while also slipping in some pinches of comedy is worthy of a thumbs up.
Initial First Impression: Infini-T ForceOct 15, 9pmSynopsis Based on the series of the same name, this is a different take on the original story involving a young girl able to summon heroes from another world.
- Banette, Sableye, and More Hoenn Pokemon are Coming Your Way in Pokemon GO!
- An Anime Short Campaign is Launched by Rock Band Kūsō Iinkai
- The ‘Seven Deadly Sins’ Ranked at #4 in Netflix’s Most Watched Shows
- English Dub Clips Revealed for ‘Haven’t You Heard? I’m Sakamoto’!
- Mob Psycho 100 Turns Live-action with a Confirmed Staff and Cast Member
- Action Scenes and More Heroes are Revealed for Fire Emblem: Warriors via Trailer
- "KiraKira Precure" Confirms a "Maho Girls" Cameo in its Film
- The Ghibli Museum Features A Sequel of ‘My Neighbor Totoro’
- Netflix Confirms Productions of “30 New Anime Series” for 2018
- Popular Smartphone Game ‘Granblue Fantasy’ Gets New Anime Series!
- Media Company Broccoli Confirms 70% Profit Drop in its 1st Half of Fiscal Year
- Initial First Impression: Infini-T Force
- Bungou Stray Dogs Holds a 2 Season Screening this November
- New Manga Thoughts: The Duke of Death and His Black Maid
- Top 5 New Openings For the Week
- Street Fighter V Reveals a New Ninja Character for October
- First Impression: Juuni Taisen
- A Collaboration Movie Between Boruto and Lope and Akira is Coming Soon