If you love the songs featured in Makoto Shinkai’s international-hit Kimi no Nawa (Your name) anime film, and kind of wish you can also hear and sing the songs in English language too, this could be a good news for you! Earlier this week, RADWIMPS, the Japanese band responsible for the ‘music-feels’ in Shinkai’s latest movie, started to stream a trailer for its “Kimi no Na wa. English edition” single.
The video previews small clips from the English versions of “Dream lantern,” “Zenzenzense,” “Sparkle,” and"Nandemonaiya" songs.
RADWIMPS’ new single is slated to be released this coming February 22. For people outside Japan, RADWIMPS’ entire Kimi no Nawa soundtrack, which includes an English track list, will ship worldwide on March 10. The release also went on sale digitally on January 27.
Kimi no Nawa debuted in Japan last August. It has become the fourth highest-grossing film of all time in Japan, and, at the same time, the second highest-grossing Japanese film, next to Hayao Miyazawa’s Spirited Away. It was also screened in other countries like South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Taiwan, and the Philippines.
This coming April, Funimation will screen both the original Japanese with English subtitles and English dub versions of the film.
Funimation will open the film in the United States and Canada on April 7. The company will host film screenings in both the original Japanese with English subtitles and an English dub. The film will run on more than 200 screens with English subtitles or dub in North America.
The new English versions of RADWIPS’songs will be featured in the English-dubbed version of the movie.
The movie synopsis (by Funimation)
“The day the stars fell, two lives changed forever. High schoolers Mitsuha and Taki are complete strangers living separate lives. But one night, they suddenly switch places. Mitsuha wakes up in Taki’s body, and he in hers. This bizarre occurrence continues to happen randomly, and the two must adjust their lives around each other. Yet, somehow, it works. They build a connection and communicate by leaving notes, messages, and more importantly, an imprint.
When a dazzling comet lights up the night’s sky, it dawns on them. They want something more from this connection—a chance to meet, an opportunity to truly know each other. Tugging at the string of fate, they try to find a way to each other. But distance isn’t the only thing keeping them apart. Is their bond strong enough to face the cruel irony of time? Or is their meeting nothing more than a wish upon the stars?”
With reports from Anime News Network.
- A Refreshing and Soft Love Story: Hibi Chouchou
- Main Maid Trio and 1st PV Released for Blend S TV Anime
- Production I.G Store Celebrates Anniversary with "Ghost in the Shell" And "xxxHolic" Taking Part
- A Shounen Family Tale: The Boy and the Beast
- Illustrator Kurone Mishima Tweets "Thank you" Art Featuring Aqua and Sistine
- Uru in Blue Anime Film's Production is Underway After Long Dormancy
- Animation Studios Gainax to Pay Studio Khara 100 Million Yen
- ‘Netsuzou Trap’ Anime Adaptation Releases Second Trailer with Opening Song Preview!
- It's Time for a Lesson! Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine
- New PV for Land of the Lustrous TV Anime Previews CG Animation
- A Tale of Family and Online Clashing Reality: Summer Wars
- Fantasy Novel " The Rising of the Shield Hero" Gains Anime
- Staff Reveals 5 More Characters and Cast for Infini-T Force Anime
- Netflix Presents in 2018, the Rilakkuma Mascot Anime
- A Different Kind of Cat Love: Odette
- PV for Cleanliness Boy! Aoyama-kun Reveals More Cast and Ending Song
- Yasuhisa Kubo Takes Two Issue Break for Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
- Studio Ghibli Film ‘The Red Turtle’ Wins the Animafest Zagreb Award