A two-hour film of the “Super Kabuki II One Piece” performed last fall in the Tokyo Shinbashi Enbujo theater will be available in Japan on October 22. The film entitled “Cinema Kabuki One Piece” portrays the Battle for Marineford/War of the Best arc of the manga story.
The production of the film is a nice way to let One Piece fans watch the traditional enactment they might have missed on October and November 2015. Also, Cinema Today provided a four-minute digest video for the fans to see the features of the kabuki performance and expectations on what to see in the upcoming film. The famous kabuki actor Ennosuke Ichikawa IV was the director of the production and he also performed as Monkey D. Luffy, Boa Hancock, and Shanks.
Ennosuke Ichikawa as Luffy
For more, read on Crunchyroll.
BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play AdaptationDec 6, 11amWhile the BEASTARS anime adaptation is currently airing in Japan, more good news has been announced, especially for the long-time fans of the franchise. It was confirmed in the first 2020 issue release of Weekly Shonen Champion magazine on Thursday that a stage play adaptation of the BEASTARS manga is confirmed.
- These ‘Demon Slayer’ Pikachu Figures are Absolute Cuteness!
- How to Prepare for Your First Cosplay Competition
- ‘Pokemon Sword/Shield’ Remains Consecutively at the Top of Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- Songs from ‘Weathering With You’ and ‘Demon Slayer’ Top the 2019 Anisong Downloads
- Studio Colorido to Produce 7 ‘Pokemon Sword/Shield’ Shorts
- Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake Set for A Worldwide Netflix Release on January 23
- Sentai Filmworks Confirms That They Have Sent the Final Funds from GoFundMe Campaign to Kyoto Animation
- “Full Metal Panic!” Creator Shoji Gatoh Apologizes Over “Disrespectful” Tweet Towards Greta Thunberg
- Re:ZERO Season 2 Slated for April Release, Edited Season 1 Set for January Premiere
- Paramount Releases Japanese-Dubbed Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
- 22/7 Idol Mei Hanakawa Announces Departure from Group Due to Poor Health
- Return of Smartphone Game ‘LovePlus Every’ Scheduled on December 11
- “Fragtime” OVA Animator Tear Studio Apparently Disappears, Staff Reveals They Were Not Paid
- New Trailer for Anime Film of Io Sakisaka’s “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” Reveals Cast, Staff, May 29 Premiere
- After Zoro and Nami, Newest Nissin Cup “Hungry Days” Noodle Ad Features Vivi
- February 15 Premiere, New Visual Revealed for Yakuza Boys-Love Movie “Twittering Birds Never Fly”
- Preparing Yourself 24 Hours Before the Anime Convention
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Remains #1 at Japan’s Video Game Rankings