Envy and jealousy is an ordinary concept in the anime world, but have you ever wondered about the major green-eyed monsters? Money, power, fame, love, and even body parts—you name it, someone’s jealous about it. Here is our top ten most envious anime characters:
1. Inuyasha from Inuyasha
No doubt—this white haired half-human half-youkai is at the top of our envy list. He just couldn’t take anyone getting close to Kagome, and he gets really annoyed and hot-tempered when someone tries to do so. Maybe we can blame that on his dog nature, but maybe we can blame that on love.
2. Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki
Have you ever wanted a girl who will change the world for you? Yuno is also considered as one of the best tsunderes in the realm of anime. During her normal state, she is just a sweet and soft pink-haired girl who is purely in love with Yukiteru. But every time someone gets too close to or wants to hurt Yuki, she becomes a cold-blooded killer.
3. Wrath from Fullmetal Alchemist
This could be surprising since the series has a character named Envy, but Wrath holds an insatiable need for Edward Elric’s limbs. Although he already has Ed’s right arm and left leg, he still wants the rest for himself.Well, he has to break a leg to accomplish that.
4. Envy from Full Metal Alchemist
Running behind its brother, Envy is considered the unhappiest homunculus because he never experiences contentment in anything. He loves being cruel to humans but that is just because he is jealous of the emotional strength and intimacy among humans. Envy never saw that within Homunculi thus the root cause of the jealousy.
5. Uzumaki Naruto from Naruto
Before attaining the Hokage title, Naruto started as a loner and a delinquent in the academy. He had no friends and family, thus his jealousy of social relationships. Also in the academy, he met Uchiha Sasuke who was so popular and strong that Naruto always made a way to surpass him in skills and love.
6. Mello from Death Note
As one of L’s successors, Mello is deemed as very intelligent and highly-skilled in the field of investigation. However, he cannot accept that he is only second to Near, the other successor. He develops an inferiority complex and refuses to work with Near.
7. Yomi Takanashi from Black★Rock Shooter
This sweet and calm girl is usually happy with Mato, but it becomes a different story when someone takes her best friend away from her, although her thoughts are just amplified by her jealousy. From so much envy on the attention taken away from her, she later succumbs to Dead Master, her green-eyed alter ego.
8. Syaoran Li from Cardcaptor Sakura
Taught by his noble sorcerer family to be independent and competitive, Syaoran did not show envious feelings at first. But as soon as Sakura inherited the Clow cards, he fell in love with her and envied other males who receive her attention. As they say, the more you hate, the more you love.
9. Yuka from Elfen Lied
This is another example of jealousy all in the name of love and attention-seeking. She had been friends with Kouta since childhood and she loved him ever since, but Nyu’s arrival resulted to her envious remarks about Kouta’s attention with Nyu. But in case you haven’t watched the series and you think that this is just “another normal rom-com,” think again.
10. Jean Kirstein from Attack on Titan
Jean is first seen as a new arrogant trainee of the 104th Training Corps. He knew his abilities and skills, and actually ranked 6th overall. But his first reason to join the training is to be part of the Military Police Brigade, because he envies the glorious and safe life of the company’s members. Later on, he develops a crush on Mikasa Ackerman, and envies Eren Jaeger because of their closeness.
‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching ClimaxAug 7, 6am
The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter ReportAug 7, 7am
Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!” Aug 5, 7am
New Trailer Previews Theme Song of Anime Film “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” by BUMP OF CHICKENAug 4, 4am
Story Creator, Writer of “Act-Age” Manga Arrested Due to Indecent Act on Minor, Shueisha Cancels SeriesAug 10, 4am
After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 PremiereAug 5, 6am
Anime Short About Platelets to be Shown Alongside Theatrical Screenings of “Cells at Work!” FilmAug 3, 5am
Kyoto Animation Returns for Season 2 of “Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid”, Set for 2021 PremiereAug 11, 4am
In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official MemberAug 4, 5am
- Theme Song Performers Revealed for Upcoming TV Anime “Jujutsu Kaisen”
- First Trailer Revealed for Anime Film “Child of Kamiari Month”
- Boys-Love Film “Umibe no Étranger” Unveils Full Trailer and New Main Visual
- Kyoto Animation Returns for Season 2 of “Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid”, Set for 2021 Premiere
- New Visual Revealed for “The Promised Neverland” Season 2!
- Teaser Video & Poster Revealed for “The Promised Neverland” Live-Action Movie
- Teaser Revealed for New “Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight” Film Set for 2021 Release
- Story Creator, Writer of “Act-Age” Manga Arrested Due to Indecent Act on Minor, Shueisha Cancels Series
- ‘Golden Kamuy’ Anime Collaboration is Happening in Mobile Game GRAND SUMMONERS
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxiboost ON Tops Latest Japanese Video Game Rankings
- The Nintendo Switch has Sold 61.44 Million Units Worldwide, Animal Crossing Sold 22.4 Million Copies in Latest Quarter Report
- ‘TEKKEN 7’ Video Game Announces Season Pass 4!
- ‘BEASTARS’ Manga is Now Reaching Climax
- Trailer Revealed for Trilogy Film of Surfing-Themed Mixed-Media Franchise “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!”
- After COVID-19 Delay, “The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement” Now Slated for January 2021 Premiere
- Sailor Moon Eternal Film Reveals Voice Cast for the Amazon Trio
- “Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku” Gets New OVA Episode
- In a Franchise First, Newest Love Live! Group Nijigasaki Academy School Idol Club Adds New Official Member