The “Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File” anime has a new visual revealed and with it, a new character.
This new character is Rufus Aldebaran, a genius detective who has been called a legend and is apparently related to the disappearance of Professor Layton. He will be making an appearance in the second cour of the series and is being voiced by Kenji Tsuda, the voice behind Shijaku in “Gintama.”
In addition to the visual and character reveal, Professor Layton and Luke’s voice actors Kōichi Yamadera and Sōma Saitō have stated that their characters would be making an appearance in the 34th and 35th episode of the series which will be launching on the 2nd and 9th of December respectively.
“Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File” premiered on April 8 and airs every Sunday at 8:30 a.m. on Fuji TV and other channels. Produced by Liden Films, the series takes focus on characters from Level-5’s 2017 video game, “Layton’s Mystery Journey.” On March 20, 2018, the series gained a manga adaptation with Hori Oritoka working on its serialization.
Directing the anime is Susumu Mitsunaka, the director behind the “Haikyuu!” series. Akihiro Hino who created the “Inazuma Eleven” series is in charge of the series composition. As for the character designs and the music, they are done by Yoko Takada and Tomohito Nishiura respectively.
Additional staff for the series includes:
Art Director: Takamasa Nakakuki
Sound Director: Ryō Tanaka
Director of Photography: Ayumi Okano
Assistant Director: migmi
Color design: Takahiro Mogi
Creative Director: Akihiro Hino
The story of the series takes focus on Katrielle Layton, the daughter of the renowned Professor Hershel Layton and takes place during the events of “Millionaires’ Conspiracy”. She has set up the Layton Detective Agency and together with her assistant, Ernest Greeves, and a talking dog named Sherl, they take on all kinds of requests to solve mysterious cases troubling their fellow Londoners.
The cast for the series includes:
Kana Hanazawa as Katrielle “Kat” Layton
Hibiku Yamamura as Geraldine Royer
Juurouta Kosugi as Sherl
Kōichi Yamadera as Professor Hershel Layton
Kyousuke Ikeda as Noah Montoir
Sōma Saitō as Luke Triton
Youhei Tadano as Darjeeling Aspoirot
Source: Natalie Comic
- Second of Four Teasers for Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Released
- GKIDS Acquires License for N. American Distribution of Makoto Shinkai’s “Weathering With You”
- You Can Now Stream These Awesome Anime Movies on FunimationNOW!
- Former Member of Idol Group KAT-TUN Junnosuke Taguchi Detained Over Marijuana Possession
- One Piece’s Zoro is a High Schooler in New “Hungry Days” Nissin Cup Noodles Ad
- Psychological Thriller Manga Happy Sugar Life to End in June
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles