To those who may be a fan of the high-flying action series that is “Black Lagoon”, mark your calenders for May 19th as it makes its return in publication in the Sunday GX magazine. In addition to its continued publication, its anime series is also making a return on June 6 with its Second Barrage follow-up getting a re-broadcast on Tokyo MX.
First published on April 19, 2002 and created by Rei Hiroe, the story is set in the time period of the early mid 1990’s and tells of Lagoon Company, a team of pirate mercenaries. They smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia and hold a base of operations in a fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand. Their main mode of transportation for their goods is through the use of an 80-foot (24 m) Elco-type PT boat called Black Lagoon.
With the island that the team’s base is set up being a home to a variety of criminal groups, the team hold a particularly friendship relationship with Hotel Moscow, a Russian crime syndicate amongst the varies clients that they deal with. Having such dealings, the team accepts a variety of missions that get them involved into violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles, and all in different Southeast Asian locations.
The continuation of the manga will be set off from 87th chapter of “The Wired Red Card” arc which features the return of “Greenback” Jan Bhai and introduces Chinese hacker Li Xinlin. This chapter was released in February 2014 and was a part of the 10th volume of the series which was released in May 2014 in Japan and April 2015 in North America.
Up until now the volume has run for a total of 10 volumes. It was on April 8, 2006 that an anime adaptation of the manga was created and spanned for a total of 12 episodes.
In the series, the cast and staff were comprised of the following people:
Daisuke Namikawa as Rokuro “Rock” Okajima
Megumi Toyoguchi as Revy
Tsutomu Isobe as Dutch
Hiroaki Hirata as Benny
It is not confirmed that the cast will be reprising their roles in the rebroadcast but it has been noted that the magazine will be featuring Daiki Kase’s adaptation of Hiroe’s Re:Creator’s anime. A second spinoff, Re:Creators – One More! by Yuuki Kumagai which was launched in Monthly Shonen Sunday last week.
Source: Crunchyroll News
First Impression: Golden KamuyApr 21, 9pmSynopsis Set in the far northern lands of Japan known as Hokkaido, this is the tale of Sugimoto. Once a soldier in the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era, he had gained the nickname "Invincible Sugimoto.
Melancholic but Sweet: After the RainApr 21, 7amSynopsis High school student Akira Tachibana is a soft-spoken girl who was once an ace of the track team but after an injury, could no longer run as fast and decided to leave the club. Now she works part-time at a family restaurant where on one rainy day, she met and fell in love with it’s manager, a middle-aged man divorcee with a son.
Pirate Manga Site Mangamura Shuts DownApr 18, 1amThe pirated manga site Mangamura was one of the specific website that the Japanese government named as they requested Internet Service Providers in Japan to block these certain sites. As of Tuesday, the website is no longer accessible.
3 Episode Impression: My Sweet TyrantApr 22, 2amSynopsis This is a romantic comedy that follows the daily lives of high school couple Atsuhiro "Akkun" Kagari and Non "Nontan" Katagiri. Akkun is an extreme tsundere who is constantly harsh towards Nontan.
‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!Apr 24, 8amIt’s been a while for one nostalgic series. It was revealed in the Monthly Asuka magazine’s June issue on Tuesday that the D.N. Angel manga is slated to return in its July issue on May 24. A D.
- ‘Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R’ Confirmed to be Released for the Nintendo Switch
- ‘D.N. Angel’ Manga to Return on May 24!
- ‘Black Clover’ to have Smartphone Game this Year!
- Ayami Nakajo and ‘Sexy Zone Idol’ Member Kento Nakajima Confirmed to Star in Live-Action ‘Nisekoi’ Film!
- Disney and Technologia School of Magic Present a New Way to Learn Progamming
- 3 Episode Impression: My Sweet Tyrant
- First Impression: Golden Kamuy
- Himouto! Umaru-chan N" Continues With a 2nd Novel
- New Manga Impression: A Story About Treating a Female Knight Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman
- Melancholic but Sweet: After the Rain
- Ending Thoughts: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
- The Upcoming "How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord" Anime has its Main Cast Confirmed
- Gundam's Newest Anime Project Sets After Unicorn
- Get Your Quirks On! ‘My Hero Academia’ to Air on Toonami Next Month!
- New ‘Bleach’ Live-Action Film Trailer Reveals Theme Song to be Performed by Alexandros
- Three DLC Characters are Revealed in New ‘BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle’ Trailer Video
- Smartphone Game ‘Puchiguru Love Live!’ to Release on April 24!
- Mamoru Hosoda Creates A Novelization for Mirai of the Future