To those who may be a fan of the high-flying action series that is “Black Lagoon”, mark your calenders for May 19th as it makes its return in publication in the Sunday GX magazine. In addition to its continued publication, its anime series is also making a return on June 6 with its Second Barrage follow-up getting a re-broadcast on Tokyo MX.
First published on April 19, 2002 and created by Rei Hiroe, the story is set in the time period of the early mid 1990’s and tells of Lagoon Company, a team of pirate mercenaries. They smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia and hold a base of operations in a fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand. Their main mode of transportation for their goods is through the use of an 80-foot (24 m) Elco-type PT boat called Black Lagoon.
With the island that the team’s base is set up being a home to a variety of criminal groups, the team hold a particularly friendship relationship with Hotel Moscow, a Russian crime syndicate amongst the varies clients that they deal with. Having such dealings, the team accepts a variety of missions that get them involved into violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles, and all in different Southeast Asian locations.
The continuation of the manga will be set off from 87th chapter of “The Wired Red Card” arc which features the return of “Greenback” Jan Bhai and introduces Chinese hacker Li Xinlin. This chapter was released in February 2014 and was a part of the 10th volume of the series which was released in May 2014 in Japan and April 2015 in North America.
Up until now the volume has run for a total of 10 volumes. It was on April 8, 2006 that an anime adaptation of the manga was created and spanned for a total of 12 episodes.
In the series, the cast and staff were comprised of the following people:
Daisuke Namikawa as Rokuro “Rock” Okajima
Megumi Toyoguchi as Revy
Tsutomu Isobe as Dutch
Hiroaki Hirata as Benny
It is not confirmed that the cast will be reprising their roles in the rebroadcast but it has been noted that the magazine will be featuring Daiki Kase’s adaptation of Hiroe’s Re:Creator’s anime. A second spinoff, Re:Creators – One More! by Yuuki Kumagai which was launched in Monthly Shonen Sunday last week.
Source: Crunchyroll News
See also: Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- MAN AT ARMS: REFORGED Makes ‘Attack on Titan’ Maneuver Gear Sword!
- Director of ‘Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu’ Sends Drunken Tweets, Ufotable Apologizes For His Actions
- First Impression: Musekinin Galaxy☆Tylor
- After the First: Cleanliness Boy Aoyama
- Bibury Animation Studio is Newly Launched by Anime Director Tensho
- Earning 500 Million at the Box Office is the No Game, No Life Zero Film
- Kickstarter Goal for Aria the Animation's English Dub is Achieved
- Art in Magic and Mystery: Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito
- Spin-off Manga on Seven Deadly Sins' Ban and Elaine Ends in September
- Planeterium Program for Bonobono Commemorated with Screening Event
- Layers Within: Issho ni Neyou yo
- 4 Haikyuu! Works to Air on AbemaTV Starting August 19
- Creator of ‘Hunter x Hunter’ Draws A 2-Chapter Manga
- After the First: Youkai Apartment
- General Anime Impressions: In Another World with My Smartphone
- A Project to Support Physics Studies in Japan Launches with "Particle Boys"
- Limited Edition Pikachu Filters are Available on Snapchat!
- ‘Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You!’ Continues to Dominate Japanese Theaters