To those who may be a fan of the high-flying action series that is “Black Lagoon”, mark your calenders for May 19th as it makes its return in publication in the Sunday GX magazine. In addition to its continued publication, its anime series is also making a return on June 6 with its Second Barrage follow-up getting a re-broadcast on Tokyo MX.
First published on April 19, 2002 and created by Rei Hiroe, the story is set in the time period of the early mid 1990’s and tells of Lagoon Company, a team of pirate mercenaries. They smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia and hold a base of operations in a fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand. Their main mode of transportation for their goods is through the use of an 80-foot (24 m) Elco-type PT boat called Black Lagoon.
With the island that the team’s base is set up being a home to a variety of criminal groups, the team hold a particularly friendship relationship with Hotel Moscow, a Russian crime syndicate amongst the varies clients that they deal with. Having such dealings, the team accepts a variety of missions that get them involved into violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles, and all in different Southeast Asian locations.
The continuation of the manga will be set off from 87th chapter of “The Wired Red Card” arc which features the return of “Greenback” Jan Bhai and introduces Chinese hacker Li Xinlin. This chapter was released in February 2014 and was a part of the 10th volume of the series which was released in May 2014 in Japan and April 2015 in North America.
Up until now the volume has run for a total of 10 volumes. It was on April 8, 2006 that an anime adaptation of the manga was created and spanned for a total of 12 episodes.
In the series, the cast and staff were comprised of the following people:
Daisuke Namikawa as Rokuro “Rock” Okajima
Megumi Toyoguchi as Revy
Tsutomu Isobe as Dutch
Hiroaki Hirata as Benny
It is not confirmed that the cast will be reprising their roles in the rebroadcast but it has been noted that the magazine will be featuring Daiki Kase’s adaptation of Hiroe’s Re:Creator’s anime. A second spinoff, Re:Creators – One More! by Yuuki Kumagai which was launched in Monthly Shonen Sunday last week.
Source: Crunchyroll News
- A Refreshing and Soft Love Story: Hibi Chouchou
- Main Maid Trio and 1st PV Released for Blend S TV Anime
- Production I.G Store Celebrates Anniversary with "Ghost in the Shell" And "xxxHolic" Taking Part
- A Shounen Family Tale: The Boy and the Beast
- Illustrator Kurone Mishima Tweets "Thank you" Art Featuring Aqua and Sistine
- Uru in Blue Anime Film's Production is Underway After Long Dormancy
- Animation Studios Gainax to Pay Studio Khara 100 Million Yen
- ‘Netsuzou Trap’ Anime Adaptation Releases Second Trailer with Opening Song Preview!
- It's Time for a Lesson! Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine
- New PV for Land of the Lustrous TV Anime Previews CG Animation
- A Tale of Family and Online Clashing Reality: Summer Wars
- Fantasy Novel " The Rising of the Shield Hero" Gains Anime
- Staff Reveals 5 More Characters and Cast for Infini-T Force Anime
- Netflix Presents in 2018, the Rilakkuma Mascot Anime
- A Different Kind of Cat Love: Odette
- PV for Cleanliness Boy! Aoyama-kun Reveals More Cast and Ending Song
- Yasuhisa Kubo Takes Two Issue Break for Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
- Studio Ghibli Film ‘The Red Turtle’ Wins the Animafest Zagreb Award