To those who may be a fan of the high-flying action series that is “Black Lagoon”, mark your calenders for May 19th as it makes its return in publication in the Sunday GX magazine. In addition to its continued publication, its anime series is also making a return on June 6 with its Second Barrage follow-up getting a re-broadcast on Tokyo MX.
First published on April 19, 2002 and created by Rei Hiroe, the story is set in the time period of the early mid 1990’s and tells of Lagoon Company, a team of pirate mercenaries. They smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia and hold a base of operations in a fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand. Their main mode of transportation for their goods is through the use of an 80-foot (24 m) Elco-type PT boat called Black Lagoon.
With the island that the team’s base is set up being a home to a variety of criminal groups, the team hold a particularly friendship relationship with Hotel Moscow, a Russian crime syndicate amongst the varies clients that they deal with. Having such dealings, the team accepts a variety of missions that get them involved into violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles, and all in different Southeast Asian locations.
The continuation of the manga will be set off from 87th chapter of “The Wired Red Card” arc which features the return of “Greenback” Jan Bhai and introduces Chinese hacker Li Xinlin. This chapter was released in February 2014 and was a part of the 10th volume of the series which was released in May 2014 in Japan and April 2015 in North America.
Up until now the volume has run for a total of 10 volumes. It was on April 8, 2006 that an anime adaptation of the manga was created and spanned for a total of 12 episodes.
In the series, the cast and staff were comprised of the following people:
Daisuke Namikawa as Rokuro “Rock” Okajima
Megumi Toyoguchi as Revy
Tsutomu Isobe as Dutch
Hiroaki Hirata as Benny
It is not confirmed that the cast will be reprising their roles in the rebroadcast but it has been noted that the magazine will be featuring Daiki Kase’s adaptation of Hiroe’s Re:Creator’s anime. A second spinoff, Re:Creators – One More! by Yuuki Kumagai which was launched in Monthly Shonen Sunday last week.
Source: Crunchyroll News
See also: First Impression: Marchen Madhen
First Impression: Hakyuu HoushinFeb 4, 8amSynopsis This is a story that once begin as a hero’s story of one young Taikobo finds himself in charge of the mysterious Houshin Project.
New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanaiFeb 5, 11amSynopsis An old man lies on his bed and realizes that his time is about to come. Upon realizing this an angel appears before him and informs him that she will be taking him to heaven. Things however, do not turn out as expected.
- New Visual Released for ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 3!
- ‘Persona 5 the Animation' English-Subtitled Promo Video Released!
- 'Attack on Titan 2' Game Highlights Multiplayer Function in New Promotional Video
- "Maerchen Maedchen" Gains 3 More Magical Girls in its Cast
- The First Visual of K: Seven Stories 6-Episode's First Film is Out
- Super Prettycure Breaks a Record in Two Days with 60,000 Advanced Ticket Sales
- Get a Scare with Monsters Inc. Joining Kingdom Hearts III
- New Promo Video Released for ‘Digimon Adventure: tri.: Our Future’ Anime Film
- "Aikatsu Friends!" Has More Details Revealed with a New PV
- ‘Monster Hunter: World’ Sold Over More than 6 Million Physical and Digital Copies Worldwide!
- 'My Hero Academia' Season 3 to have Three More Additional Characters
- Aya Ueto Guest Stars in Latest Detective Conan Film After 12 Years
- Premiering on February 17 is the IDOLiSH7 Vibrato Net Spinoff Anime
- Prepare this Fall for a New ‘Blood-C’ Live-Action film
- New manga impression: Ojiichan shinanai
- Character Designs and New Visuals are Revealed for Upcoming ‘Steins;Gate 0’ Anime
- New Manga Impression: Onee Joouto Shirayuki Hime
- First Impression: Marchen Madhen