To those who may be a fan of the high-flying action series that is “Black Lagoon”, mark your calenders for May 19th as it makes its return in publication in the Sunday GX magazine. In addition to its continued publication, its anime series is also making a return on June 6 with its Second Barrage follow-up getting a re-broadcast on Tokyo MX.
First published on April 19, 2002 and created by Rei Hiroe, the story is set in the time period of the early mid 1990’s and tells of Lagoon Company, a team of pirate mercenaries. They smuggle goods in and around the seas of Southeast Asia and hold a base of operations in a fictional harbor city of Roanapur in southeast Thailand. Their main mode of transportation for their goods is through the use of an 80-foot (24 m) Elco-type PT boat called Black Lagoon.
With the island that the team’s base is set up being a home to a variety of criminal groups, the team hold a particularly friendship relationship with Hotel Moscow, a Russian crime syndicate amongst the varies clients that they deal with. Having such dealings, the team accepts a variety of missions that get them involved into violent firefights, hand-to-hand combat, and nautical battles, and all in different Southeast Asian locations.
The continuation of the manga will be set off from 87th chapter of “The Wired Red Card” arc which features the return of “Greenback” Jan Bhai and introduces Chinese hacker Li Xinlin. This chapter was released in February 2014 and was a part of the 10th volume of the series which was released in May 2014 in Japan and April 2015 in North America.
Up until now the volume has run for a total of 10 volumes. It was on April 8, 2006 that an anime adaptation of the manga was created and spanned for a total of 12 episodes.
In the series, the cast and staff were comprised of the following people:
Daisuke Namikawa as Rokuro “Rock” Okajima
Megumi Toyoguchi as Revy
Tsutomu Isobe as Dutch
Hiroaki Hirata as Benny
It is not confirmed that the cast will be reprising their roles in the rebroadcast but it has been noted that the magazine will be featuring Daiki Kase’s adaptation of Hiroe’s Re:Creator’s anime. A second spinoff, Re:Creators – One More! by Yuuki Kumagai which was launched in Monthly Shonen Sunday last week.
Source: Crunchyroll News
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- A New Visual, Cast, and Schedule Details are Out for Tsukumogami Kashimasu
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App