We’re getting more Cells at Work this January, as the series’ official Twitter account revealed a new promo video that announced the show’s January 9, 2021 premiere! The video also previewed the upcoming theme songs for the new season. Check out the promo video here!
The first part of the video previews season 2’s opening theme song, Go! Go! Saibou Festa! sung by the main cast of the series. The second part previews the ending theme song Fight!! by ClariS, who also sung season 1’s ending theme song.
Cells at Work season 2 is set to be directed by Hirofumi Ogura (Black Butler II), who replaced season 1’s Kenichi Suzuki (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures). Yuuko Kakihara (Persona 4 the Animation) is set to return to oversee the series’ scripts. The second season is still helmed by David Productions.
Cells at Work! Code Black, a spinoff of the original Cells at Work!! series, has also been adapted into a TV anime series and will premiere in January 2021 as well.
Written and illustrated by Akane Shimizu, Cells at Work! was first serialized in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius in 2015. It features the anthromorphized cells of the human body, with the story mostly told from the perspective of a clumsy but lovable Red Blood Cell along with her reliable friend Neutrophil, who almost always ends up saving her from pathogens. The series depicts their daily activities and respective responsibilities as cells in the human body.
The manga series has already received several spinoff mangas, such as Hataraku Saikin (Bacteria at Work), Hatarakanai Saibou (Cells That Don’t Work), Hataraku Saibou BLACK (Cells at Work! Black), Hataraku Saibou Friend, Hataraku Kesshouban-chan (Platelets at Work), and the latest, Hataraku Saibou Lady (Cells at Work! Lady).
Cells at Work!’s first season, which was produced by David Productions, aired from July to September of last year. Its success among fans had led to a stage play adaptation that ran last November, and a mobile game entitled Itsudemo Hataraku Saibou.
Source: Anime News Network
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- The Importance Of Education Is Acknowledged In 'Assassination Classroom'
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2