Good news! The original English dub cast of Inuyasha was announced to be returning for the series! This was announced by Viz Media on their official Twitter account. The original English dub cast:
Richard Ian Cox as Inuyasha
Kira Tozer as Kagome (she replaced Kagome’s original voice actress Moneca Stori)
David Kaye as Sesshomaru
Jillian Michaels as Shippo
Kelly Sheridan as Sango
Kirby Morrow as Miroku
New cast members announced as well are Alan Lee as Kohaku and Aleks Le as Hisui. Towa Higurashi will be voiced by Erica Mendez, her twin Setsuna will be voiced by Kira Buckland, and Inuyasha and Kagome’s daughter Moroha will be voiced by Morgan Berry.
Funimation has previously announced that they will be collaborating with Viz Media for the English dub release of the Inuyasha spin-off. No release date for the English dub has been released as of this writing.
The series premiered in Japan last October 3.
The new spin-off series is directed by Teruo Sato for studio Sunrise. Sato served as episode director of the original Inuyasha series. The scripts are written by Katsuyuki Sumisawa, who also held the same role in the original series. The manga’s author herself Rumiko Takahashi serves as main character designer, with Yoshihito Hishinuma—also from the original Inuyasha series—adapting her designs for animation. Music is composed by Kaoru Wada, who also handled the music from the original 2000 series.
Viz holds the North and Latin American release license for the spin-off and describes the story as such:
“The daughters of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time!
In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi’s brother, Sota, and his family.
Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa’s shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.
Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.”
The original Inuyasha manga was launched by Takahashi in Weekly Shonen Sunday in 1996, with the last chapter released in 2008.
Source: Anime News Network
Best Female Lead Anime on NetflixJun 14, 9pm
Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to HateApr 26, 4pm
10 Anime Characters Who Deserve DefeatAug 22, 12pm
Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost HereMay 15, 1am
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This YearSep 20, 12pm
Five New Anime Coming out in JulyJun 29, 2pm
- English Dub for The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting
- Top 5 Animes That Will Always Be Binge Worthy
- According to Fans, These 5 Anime have the Most Annoying Fanbases
- 5 of the Best (or the Worst) Anime Characters with Split Personalities
- More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers Anime Adaptation will Premiere in October This Year
- Twitter Exploded in Celebration for the 16th Anniversary of Fairy Tail
- 10 Anime Characters Who Deserve Defeat
- Two New Animated Specials for My Hero Academia
- Is It Wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Probably not, if there’s soon to be 4 seasons
- Ni No Kuni, The Anime, The Game and How They’re Related
- Anime Adaptation for Murai in Love has been Announced
- Five New Anime Coming out in July
- Best Female Lead Anime on Netflix
- New Dragon Ball Movie to Hit Theaters Internationally This Summer
- Digimon Survive Game Launches Worldwide on July 29th
- Love, Death & Robots' Volume 3 Almost Here
- What to Know About the Funimation-Crunchyroll Merger
- Top 10 Anime Villains We Love to Hate