The official website of the mixed-media surfing-themed franchise WAVE!! has released the 1st three minutes of the first film in the trilogy! Check it out here!
The trilogy movie will open in theaters one after another on October 2, 16, and 30.
The trilogy movie’s opening theme song is Densetsu no Surf Prince (Legendary Surf Prince), which is sung by the eight main cast members as their respective characters. All characters are part of the newly-created subunit Naminori Boys (“Surfing Boys”, abbreviated as NBS). The voice actors of the first two characters in the trailer, Masaki Hinaoka and Shou Akitsuki, sing the ending theme song Beat Blue Beat.
The eight main cast members are:
· Tomoaki Maeno as Masaki Hinaoka
· Jin Ogasawara as Shou Akitsuki
· Yoshiki Nakajima as Nalu Tanaka
· Takuya Sato as Kousuke Iwana
· Yusuke Shirai as Yuuta Matsukaze
· Shunichi Toki as Naoya Kido
· Nobuhiko Okamoto as Rindou Fuke
· Showtaro Morikubo as Souichirou William Mori
Original work for the anime is credited to MAGES. The anime films will be directed by Takaharu Ozaki (Girls’ Last Tour, Goblin Slayer), with Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Girls’ Last Tour, Black Clover) in charge of series scripts. Original character designs are done by Yomi Sarachi (La storia della Arcana Famiglia), with Tomoko Iwasa (Hakumei and Mikochi) adapting those designs for animation. The movies will be helmed at Asahi Production.
WAVE!! is set in the real-life city of Oarai in Ibaraki prefecture. The story centers on Masaki Hinaoka, whose new friendship with transfer student Shou Akitsuki introduces him to the world of surfing. Through the sport, Masaki will make new friendships and abandon old ones as he drift towards adulthood.
Love&Art is developing the project under the supervision of the Nippon Surfing Association, Surf Magazine, and in cooperation with Murasaki Sports.
The WAVE!! mixed-media franchise includes a radio program, a four-panel manga, an upcoming smartphone game, as well as planned music CDs and live concerts.
Source: Anime News Network
New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”Sep 15, 5am
Lee Isaac Chung Now Reported to Direct Live-Action Hollywood Remake of Makoto Shinkai’s “Your Name” Sep 22, 7am
Boys-Love Film “given” Celebrates 100,000 Ticket Sales, Set to Open to More Theaters in JapanSep 15, 6pm
New Promo Video Revealed for TV Anime Adaptation of Sci-fi Yuri Light Novel “Otherside Picnic”Sep 14, 5am
December 10 Netflix Premiere Revealed for Live-Action Adaptation of Suspense Manga “Alice in Borderland”Sep 22, 6am
- Lee Isaac Chung Now Reported to Direct Live-Action Hollywood Remake of Makoto Shinkai’s “Your Name”
- New Teaser Video Released for “Laid-Back Camp” Season 2
- Third and Final Season Confirmed for “Fruits Basket”, Set for 2021 Release
- Fan Posts Video of Life-Sized Moving RX-78-2 Gundam
- December 10 Netflix Premiere Revealed for Live-Action Adaptation of Suspense Manga “Alice in Borderland”
- RomCom Manga Series “Horimiya” Gets TV Anime Adaptation Set for January 2021 Release
- New Promo Video, Opening Song Preview Released for “Jujutsu Kaisen”
- “Sword Art Online: Progressive” Light Novels Receive Anime Adaptation
- Crunchyroll Streams English-Subtitled Trailer for “TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You”
- Cover Art for New “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” Light Novel Released
- Teaser for New Shaman King Anime Reveals Cast and Staff
- Demon Slayer Film’s Theatergoers Get Manga Volume as Bonus in Japan
- Ring Fit Adventure is Still #1 in Recent Japanese Video Game Rankings
- Demon Slayer Manga Will Now Reach 100 Million Copies in Circulation
- First Three Minutes of First Film in the “WAVE!! Surfing Yappe!!” Trilogy Released
- “Liella” Wins Fan Vote for Name of In-Anime Idol Group in “Love Live! Superstar!!”
- New Promo Video Released for TV Series Adaptation of Comedy Manga “Way of the Househusband”
- Pony Canyon Releases Behind-the-Scenes Video for DEEMO Anime Film