Missed (cursing at) Kyuubey? Get ready as anime studio SHAFT is set to bring us back to the world of tragic magical girls! It was announced earlier this year that the Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story, a spin-off smartphone game of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series, is getting an anime adaptation and is set for a release this year. Unfortunately, we’d have to wait a wee bit longer, as it was announced during the game’s second anniversary celebrations that the anime’s release will be delayed to January 2020.
Don’t worry though, as a new teaser PV was released for the upcoming anime, which could hopefully tide us over ‘til 2020. Check it out below!
— マギアレコード公式 (@magireco) September 8, 2019
The PV also previews the anime’s opening theme song, “Gomakashi (Deception)”, which is performed by trio TrySail. The still-unnamed ED, on the other hand, will be sung by mysterious pop duo ClariS, who also sung Puella Magi Madoka Magica’s iconic OP, “connect”.
Furthermore, a new character was also announced during the event. Kuroe, an in-anime original character, will be voiced by none other than voice acting legend Kana Hanazawa, known for her roles such as Nisekoi’s Kosaki Onodera and Quintessential Quintuplets’ Ichika Nakano, among many others. \
Hanazawa joins the other confirmed cast for the anime, listed below:
• Momo Asakura as Iroha Tamaki
• Sora Amamiya as Yachiyo Nanami
• Shiina Natsukawa as Tsuruno Yui
• Ayane Sakura as Felicia Mitsuki
• Yui Ogura as Sana Futaba
• Mikako Komatsu as Momoko Togame
• Ayaka Ohashi as Kaede Akino
• Kaori Ishihara as Rena Minami
The original cast of Puella Magi Madoka Magica such as Aoi Yuki (Kaname Madoka) and Chiwa Saito (Akemi Homura) will also be returning to the new anime series in some capacity.
Anime News Network describes Magia Record’s story as such:
“[The story] takes place in the burgeoning city of Kamihama. Guided by a strange power, magical girls gather in this town and battle with a new power drawn from witches. Iroha Tamaki arrives in this town and joins other magical girls to search for her missing younger sister Ui. Before long, Homura Akemi also arrives in the town. “If I can understand the mystery of this town, maybe I can save Kaname.”
Iroha Tamaki becomes a magical girl with a wish to save her sister from illness. Madoka also arrives in Kamihama to search for her missing friend Homura.”
SHAFT will be animating the series, under the direction and script supervision of Gekidan Inu Curry. Junichiro Taniguchi returns as chief animation director, as well as Madoka Magica series director Yukihiro Miyamoto who will now be assistant director. Music will be composed by Takumi Ozawa (sadly we won’t be getting Yuki Kajiura here). Original work is still credited to the Magica Quartet aka director Akiyuki Shinbou, writer Gen Urobochi, character designer Ume Aoki, and producer Atsuhiro Iwakami.
Source: Anime News Network
BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play AdaptationDec 6, 11amWhile the BEASTARS anime adaptation is currently airing in Japan, more good news has been announced, especially for the long-time fans of the franchise. It was confirmed in the first 2020 issue release of Weekly Shonen Champion magazine on Thursday that a stage play adaptation of the BEASTARS manga is confirmed.
- Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake Set for A Worldwide Netflix Release on January 23
- Sentai Filmworks Confirms That They Have Sent the Final Funds from GoFundMe Campaign to Kyoto Animation
- “Full Metal Panic!” Creator Shoji Gatoh Apologizes Over “Disrespectful” Tweet Towards Greta Thunberg
- Re:ZERO Season 2 Slated for April Release, Edited Season 1 Set for January Premiere
- Paramount Releases Japanese-Dubbed Trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
- 22/7 Idol Mei Hanakawa Announces Departure from Group Due to Poor Health
- Return of Smartphone Game ‘LovePlus Every’ Scheduled on December 11
- “Fragtime” OVA Animator Tear Studio Apparently Disappears, Staff Reveals They Were Not Paid
- New Trailer for Anime Film of Io Sakisaka’s “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare” Reveals Cast, Staff, May 29 Premiere
- After Zoro and Nami, Newest Nissin Cup “Hungry Days” Noodle Ad Features Vivi
- February 15 Premiere, New Visual Revealed for Yakuza Boys-Love Movie “Twittering Birds Never Fly”
- Preparing Yourself 24 Hours Before the Anime Convention
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Remains #1 at Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play Adaptation
- Why Some Japanese Mobile Games End Service
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”