Calling all fujoshi out there! Popular boys’ love manga Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi (World’s Greatest First Love) is getting a new anime adaptation! This good news was revealed to be a celebration of the fifth anniversary of Kadokawa’s Emerald magazine, where the manga is currently being serialized.
Emerald is a boys’ love magazine launched in 2014, and it was based on the in-story magazine featured in the manga—if you will remember, main couple Ritsu and Masamune work in a magazine of the same name.
The announcement did not specify the form Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi’s anime adaptation will take, but it did mention that the upcoming project is set to adapt the Proposal arc of the manga. Details such as release date and the studio that will handle the upcoming anime adaptation are yet to be released.
Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi is a boys’ love manga written and illustrated by Shungiku Nakamura. It was first published in 2006 in Kadokawa’s The Ruby magazine and then moved to Asuka Ciel in 2009. In 2014, the manga eventually settled in Emerald magazine, debuting in the magazine’s maiden issue.
In 2011, the manga was adapted into a 24-episode anime series by Studio Deen and under the direction of Chiaki Kon. The first season aired from April to June of that year, with the second season airing from October to December of that same year as well. Kon also directed the anime adaptation of another popular boys’ love manga, Junjou Romantica, which was also the work of Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi’s author.
The story revolves around Ritsu Onodera, a literary editor who resigned from his father’s publishing company because of his coworkers’ jealousy. He gets accepted at Marukawa Publishing but is assigned to the company’s infamous shoujo manga department, where he meets Masamune Takano. Strict, intolerable, and almost tyrannical, Takano initially nearly drives Ritsu into resigning but inadvertently pushes him to stay after calling him “useless”. Ritsu’s pride is hurt so he decides to stay and prove himself to his demanding boss. Later on, he finds out that Takano was his older schoolmate from high school who he had a brief relationship with. It turns out that Takano still has feelings for Ritsu and he vows that he will make Ritsu fall in love with him again.
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- 2nd Promo Video for “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” Reveals More Cast, Ending Song Artist
- Live-Action Film of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese” Set for a June 2020 Release
- Revue Starlight Compilation Film Set for A May 29 Premiere in Japan
- Netflix Reveals Promotional Video for Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake
- Log Horizon Season 3 to Premiere this October
- LiSA Announces Marriage with Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- New ‘My Hero Academia’ Video Gives a Sneak Peek in School Festival Arc
- A Sneak-Peek into Japan’s ‘Attack on Titan XR’ Ride
- Kingdom Hearts “Project Xehanort” for Smartphones Unveiled by Square Enix.
- ‘Beastars’ Manga Creator Hints that the Series is Ending
- Actor Taishi Nakagawa to Voice Sonic in ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Japanese Dub
- ‘Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution’ will be Added on Netflix on February 27
- New Teaser Visual Released for “Assault Lily Bouquet”, Rie Takahashi Joins Cast
- Netflix Set to Release Studio Ghibli Films Worldwide Starting February 1 (Except N. America and Japan, That Is)
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings