Get ready to have your hearts stolen… on stage! The Phantom Thieves are set to make their theater debut in the upcoming PERSONA5 The Stage stage play. Atlus has announced that the play will run from December 13 to 15 at the Hotel Mielparque Osaka, and from December 19 to 29 at the Galaxy Theatre in Shinagawa City, Tokyo.
A poster visual was also revealed for the upcoming stage play. Check it out below!
Actor Hiroki Ino (Kuzu no Honkai live-action TV series) will be playing the lead protagonist (he is not named as with the video game). Below are the other cast members for the stage play:
• Kouhei Shiota as Ryūji Sakamoto
• Yuki Odera as Ann Takamaki
• Yoshihide Sasaki as Gorō Akechi
• Kōji Kominami as Yūsuke Kitagawa
• Kaoru Marimura as Sae Niijima
• Taishū Nukanobu as Yūki Mishima
• Yū Saotome as Shiho Suzui
The play will be directed by Hideyuki Nishimori, who also directed the Danganropa and My Hero Academia stage plays. Nishimori will be writing the scripts as well.
Persona 5 is a role-playing game developed by gaming company Atlus. The game is chronologically the sixth in the Persona series and is part of the larger Megami Tensei franchise. It was released for the Play Station 3 & 4 consoles in Japan on September 2016 and on April 2017 worldwide. Persona 5 has spawned a TV anime series, entitled Persona the Animation. Produced by CloverWorks, it has a total of 26 episodes and aired from April to September 2018. It tells the story of Ren Amamiya and his group called the Phantom Thieves, who wield special powers called Personas. They use these Personas to change the hearts of people they deem are evil.
Last April, Atlus announced an expanded version of the game entitled Persona 5 Royal. The game is set for a October 31, 2019 release in Japan. Fans outside of Japan will have to wait longer, however, as Atlus has announced that the game will be released to the west & other territories sometime in 2020.
Source: Anime News Network
Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1 Jan 17, 9amWe are back again with another round-up of these kinds of guides to help beginner con attendees and cosplayers on their first convention. As observed, there are some cosplayers who make mistakes during the event.
- 2nd Promo Video for “My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!” Reveals More Cast, Ending Song Artist
- Live-Action Film of Boys-Love Manga “The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese” Set for a June 2020 Release
- Revue Starlight Compilation Film Set for A May 29 Premiere in Japan
- Netflix Reveals Promotional Video for Second Part of Saint Seiya 3DCG Remake
- Log Horizon Season 3 to Premiere this October
- LiSA Announces Marriage with Voice Actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- New ‘My Hero Academia’ Video Gives a Sneak Peek in School Festival Arc
- A Sneak-Peek into Japan’s ‘Attack on Titan XR’ Ride
- Kingdom Hearts “Project Xehanort” for Smartphones Unveiled by Square Enix.
- ‘Beastars’ Manga Creator Hints that the Series is Ending
- Actor Taishi Nakagawa to Voice Sonic in ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ Japanese Dub
- ‘Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution’ will be Added on Netflix on February 27
- New Teaser Visual Released for “Assault Lily Bouquet”, Rie Takahashi Joins Cast
- Netflix Set to Release Studio Ghibli Films Worldwide Starting February 1 (Except N. America and Japan, That Is)
- Love Live! Franchise Announces New Project, Details to be Revealed on January 30
- Fruits Basket Season 2 Set for a Spring 2020 Premiere!
- Cosplay Mistakes to Avoid – Part 1
- ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Still Top the First Weeks of 2020 Japan Video Game Rankings