Get ready to have your hearts stolen… on stage! The Phantom Thieves are set to make their theater debut in the upcoming PERSONA5 The Stage stage play. Atlus has announced that the play will run from December 13 to 15 at the Hotel Mielparque Osaka, and from December 19 to 29 at the Galaxy Theatre in Shinagawa City, Tokyo.
A poster visual was also revealed for the upcoming stage play. Check it out below!
Actor Hiroki Ino (Kuzu no Honkai live-action TV series) will be playing the lead protagonist (he is not named as with the video game). Below are the other cast members for the stage play:
• Kouhei Shiota as Ryūji Sakamoto
• Yuki Odera as Ann Takamaki
• Yoshihide Sasaki as Gorō Akechi
• Kōji Kominami as Yūsuke Kitagawa
• Kaoru Marimura as Sae Niijima
• Taishū Nukanobu as Yūki Mishima
• Yū Saotome as Shiho Suzui
The play will be directed by Hideyuki Nishimori, who also directed the Danganropa and My Hero Academia stage plays. Nishimori will be writing the scripts as well.
Persona 5 is a role-playing game developed by gaming company Atlus. The game is chronologically the sixth in the Persona series and is part of the larger Megami Tensei franchise. It was released for the Play Station 3 & 4 consoles in Japan on September 2016 and on April 2017 worldwide. Persona 5 has spawned a TV anime series, entitled Persona the Animation. Produced by CloverWorks, it has a total of 26 episodes and aired from April to September 2018. It tells the story of Ren Amamiya and his group called the Phantom Thieves, who wield special powers called Personas. They use these Personas to change the hearts of people they deem are evil.
Last April, Atlus announced an expanded version of the game entitled Persona 5 Royal. The game is set for a October 31, 2019 release in Japan. Fans outside of Japan will have to wait longer, however, as Atlus has announced that the game will be released to the west & other territories sometime in 2020.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”