American distributor Funimation announced at their Anime Expo panel this Thursday that they will be holding US screenings for idol anime movie Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow. According to them, the film will open in the US on August 5. As of this writing, Funimation has not yet announced the screening locations for the film.
The movie was reported to have crossed the 1 billion yen mark in terms of ticket sales in Japan. According to reports, the movie achieved this huge milestone on February 22, eight weeks since its release on January 4. Over the Rainbow was first reported to have sold 500,000 tickets in just 25 days.
The regular and special limited-edition Blu-ray sets will be released on July 26, 2019 in Japan. The special limited-edition release will retail in Japan for 9,800 yen or USD 87.55.
Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow was helmed by most of the staff from the anime series. Kazuo Sakai returned as director for Sunrise, who produced the movie. Jukki Hanada also returned to pen the script, along with Tatsuya Kato who helmed the movie’s music. It was released in Japanese theaters last January 4 and was also granted international screenings as well. A little over a month after its release, the movie was confirmed to have crossed 1 billion yen in ticket sales.
The movie serves as a sequel to the end of the anime’s second season, which saw third year members Matsuura Kanan, Ohara Mari & Kurosawa Dia graduating from high school. As the younger members prepare to transfer to a new school, the third years suddenly go missing in their graduation trip. The movie then follows the rest of the Aqours members in looking for the third years, which lead them to Italy, the homeland of Mari’s family.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”