“Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare” Smartphone Game Set for Summer Release in N. America, Now Open for Pre-Registrations
Good news to all North American fans of the ultra-popular science fiction franchise Gundam! Bandai Namco Entertainment, Inc. has just announced this Tuesday that they will be releasing the smartphone game Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare in North America. The said game is the first mobile game from the iconic franchise that will be made available to North American players. Check out the announcement video below!
The game will feature the highly popular Gunpla models of the Gundam franchise. In the game, players are taken to an in-game story where they must win tournaments in order to keep their school’s Gunpla club from being closed down. Players are challenged to build their own Gunpla models, mixing and matching different parts and accessories to build a powerful Gunpla—and then battling them with other players real-time. Players can also equip their favorite pilots from different Gundam series and pair them with their custom Gunplas to enhance their capabilities further.
Check out the screenshots of the game below!
The game is now also available for pre-registrations via the Google Play Store and iTunes App Store, with in-game rewards for certain tiers of pre-registrations: if the game reaches 100,000 pre-registrations, players will be rewarded with an RX-78-2 Gunpla model to be used in the game. If the game reaches the 200,000 mark, the reward will be the Wing Gundam. Sweet.
Shinsuke Ninomiya, producer at Bandai Namco, says of the game: ““The GUNDAM BATTLE: GUNPLA WARFARE mobile game represents the culmination of the best aspects of GUNDAM; drawing from the lore of the anime universe, the charm of the Gunpla models and the excitement of bringing virtual GUNDAM into battle. We’ve enabled an unprecedented level of depth in customization, allowing players to build anything from an agile mecha armed with a sword to an armor-clad bastion equipped with powerful artillery. The game encourages countless unique builds and playstyles that fans from all corners of the GUNDAM universe can enjoy.”
Source: Crunchyroll News
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC