“Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare” Smartphone Game Set for Summer Release in N. America, Now Open for Pre-Registrations
Good news to all North American fans of the ultra-popular science fiction franchise Gundam! Bandai Namco Entertainment, Inc. has just announced this Tuesday that they will be releasing the smartphone game Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare in North America. The said game is the first mobile game from the iconic franchise that will be made available to North American players. Check out the announcement video below!
The game will feature the highly popular Gunpla models of the Gundam franchise. In the game, players are taken to an in-game story where they must win tournaments in order to keep their school’s Gunpla club from being closed down. Players are challenged to build their own Gunpla models, mixing and matching different parts and accessories to build a powerful Gunpla—and then battling them with other players real-time. Players can also equip their favorite pilots from different Gundam series and pair them with their custom Gunplas to enhance their capabilities further.
Check out the screenshots of the game below!
The game is now also available for pre-registrations via the Google Play Store and iTunes App Store, with in-game rewards for certain tiers of pre-registrations: if the game reaches 100,000 pre-registrations, players will be rewarded with an RX-78-2 Gunpla model to be used in the game. If the game reaches the 200,000 mark, the reward will be the Wing Gundam. Sweet.
Shinsuke Ninomiya, producer at Bandai Namco, says of the game: ““The GUNDAM BATTLE: GUNPLA WARFARE mobile game represents the culmination of the best aspects of GUNDAM; drawing from the lore of the anime universe, the charm of the Gunpla models and the excitement of bringing virtual GUNDAM into battle. We’ve enabled an unprecedented level of depth in customization, allowing players to build anything from an agile mecha armed with a sword to an armor-clad bastion equipped with powerful artillery. The game encourages countless unique builds and playstyles that fans from all corners of the GUNDAM universe can enjoy.”
Source: Crunchyroll News
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”