Moonies one and all, get hyped! This news has been overdue for quite a while now, and now we are finally getting it: Toei has confirmed that a two-part movie for iconic anime Sailor Moon is set for a 2020 release! The new film entitled Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Eternal was announced during the “Usagi Special Birthday Party 2019” event last Saturday, along with the release of a special promotion video. Check it out below!
A new visual was also released for the new film project, which you can check out below.
Most of the cast from Sailor Moon Crystal is set to return for the film, such as:
• Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi Tsukino / Sailor Moon
• Hisako Kanemoto as Ami Mizuno / Sailor Mercury
• Rina Satou as Rei Hino / Sailor Mars
• Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino / Sailor Jupiter
• Shizuka Itou as Minako Aino / Sailor Venus
• Misato Fukuen as Chibi-Usa / Sailor Chibi Moon
Toei confirmed some of the key staff that will be working on the film. Chiaki Kon, who directed the third season of Sailor Moon Crystal (which critics deemed an improvement from the first two seasons) will be returning to direct the two films. Character design will be done by Kazuko Tadano, who is credited for the same role in the original anime. The script will be penned by JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure’s Kazuyuki Fudeyasu, with the manga’s author herself Naoko Takeuchi serving as supervisor to the movies.
The two-part film is part of Sailor Moon Crystal, the modern reiteration of the beloved anime classic. Unlike the 90s anime, Crystal adapted the entire manga’s story and also stayed closer to the manga’s art style. Three TV seasons were released so far for Crystal: the first centered on the Dark Kingdom arc from the manga, the second on the arrival of the Black Moon Clan and Chibiusa, and the third featured the Death Busters and the introduction of the Outer Senshi (Uranus, Neptune, Saturn, Pluto). Most Moonies were waiting for news of a fourth season, which is supposed to adapt the Dead Moon arc; now, we’ll be getting two movies instead.
Source: Anime News Network
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Fire Breaks Out in Kyoto Animation Studio Due to Arson, Multiple Deaths Confirmed
- Warner Bros. Puts Production of Live-Action Adaptation of Akira “On Hold Indefinitely”
- Pokemon GO Announces Collab with One Piece in Support of Kumamoto Prefecture
- San Diego Comic-Con To Hold Guinness Attempt for Largest People Performing “Kamehameha”
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”