Acclaimed director of box-office hit Kimi no Na Wa is set to come back to the big screen once more with his newest anime film entitled Tenki no Ko: Weathering With You (Weather Child: Weathering With You). Toho has just released a teaser trailer for Shinkai’s newest movie, which you can watch below:
The narration in the trailer was translated by Crunchyroll News as follows:
Male voice: “This is a story about the world’s secret that only I and her know.”
Female Voice: “On that day, we changed the form of the world drastically.”
The trailer also previews the movie’s theme song, Ai ni Dekiru Koto wa Mada Aru Kai, which was sung by the band RADWIMPS. The band had worked previously with Makoto Shinkai in composing and performing the ethereal soundtrack of his blockbuster hit Kimi no Na Wa.
A visual was also released for the movie, with the tagline on the image translating to: “This is the story of the world’s secret that only she and I know”.
Besides RADWIMPS, most of Tenki no Ko’s key staff are people with whom Shinkai has worked with in past films: Masayoshi Tanaka, who worked with Shinkai in Kimi no Na Wa, will be handling character design. Art design will be handled by Hiroshi Takiguchi, who worked on Shinkai’s 2013 film Kotonoha no Niwa (Garden of Words). Tenki no Ko will be produced by STORY, Inc. and will be distributed by TOHO. The original story, scripts, and directing was all done by Shinkai himself.
Anime News Network describes the movie’s story as such:
In the film’s story, high school student Hodaka leaves his home on an isolated island and moves to Tokyo, but he immediately becomes broke. He lives his days in isolation, but finally finds a job as a writer for a shady occult magazine. After he starts his job, the weather has been rainy day after day. In a corner of the crowded and busy city, Hodaka meets a young woman named Hina. Due to certain circumstances, Hina and her younger brother live together, but have a cheerful and sturdy life. Hina also has a certain power: the power to stop the rain and clear the sky.
The lead characters Hodaka Morishima and Hina Amano will be voiced by Kotaro Daigo and Nana Mori,respectively.
Tenki no Ko: Weathering With You is set for a July 19 release in Japan. A worldwide release was confirmed by Shinkai himself, with the dates yet to be announced.
27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PVApr 17, 9amCrayon Shin-chan’s newest movie, Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Shinkon Ryokō Hurricane ~Ushinawareta Hiroshi~ (Crayon Shin-chan the Movie: Honeymoon Hurricane, Lost Hiroshi), has just released a new promotional video.
Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime AdaptationApr 15, 12amThe romance rhythm smartphone game titled I★CHU: Étoile Stage is confirmed to have an anime adaptation. No future details have released yet except for its key visual and official trailer confirming the anime.
‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This MonthApr 15, 12amAfter 8 months of hiatus, the popular manga series Berserk by Kentaro Miura is confirmed to return on the upcoming issue of Young Animal magazine in Japan. This news has been confirmed on the publication’s official website which reveals a teaser page of the upcoming 358th chapter of Griffith in full armor.
- Yuri Series “Bloom Into You” Reveals New Visuals for Its Stage Play Adaptation
- Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Manga to Get an Anime & Live-Action Film
- English Dub VAs of Black Clover’s Asta & Noelle Announce Engagement
- Netflix to Stream Utada Hikaru’s “Laughter in the Dark” Concert
- ‘Dragon Ball GT Goku’ Enters ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ as DLC in May!
- Super Saiyan God Vegeta Enters ‘Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2’ as DLC
- Lone Wolf & Cub Creator, Longtime Manga Writer Kazuo Koike Passes Away at 82
- Violet Evergarden Film To Be Released on January 2020
- Ubisoft is Offering Assassin’s Creed Unity for Free After Notre Dame Fire
- Live-action of Saint Young Men Season 2 to Premiere on June 1
- 27th Crayon Shin-chan Film Releases New PV
- Lupin III Creator Monkey Punch Passes Away at 81
- “Secret” Teasers to the God of War Sequel Seen in 1st Anniv Celebration Content
- Rilakkuma Takes Off His Costume in New PV for Netflix’s Rilakkuma & Kaoru
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Sells 2 Million Copies In Just 10 Days
- 23rd Detective Conan Film Earns 1.9 Billion Yen in Three Days
- ‘Berserk’ Manga to Return from Hiatus This Month
- Smartphone Game ‘I★CHU’ Gets Anime Adaptation