Attention Pokemon trainers in Chicago! Niantic and The Pokemon Company have announced the locations for the Pokemon Go Fest 2019, and for this year the event will be kicking off in Chicago. The PoGo Fest will happen in Grant Park and will run from June 13-16, with the event extended to four days instead of the usual two. The PoGo fest will allow players to catch a variety of Pokemon, interact with lifesize Pokemon installations and participate in exclusive activities. The tickets, which cost around $25 each, will start going on sale this month and can be bought via the Pokemon Go app.
Other locations for the Pokemon Go Fest include Westfalenpark in Dortmund, Germany, which also hosted the Pokemon Go Safari Event Zone last year, and a yet-to-be-announced location in Asia.
Niantic CEO John Hanke has expressed optimism that this year’s Pokemon Go Fest will be as successful as last year. “Last year’s Pokemon Go Summer Tour brought hundreds of thousands of Trainers together at real-world events around the world which left us with some truly unforgettable moments and stories. This summer, we’re looking to continue to build upon that success and create even more ways for Trainers to enjoy and interact with these incredible parks and cities and build lasting friendships throughout their journeys of encountering Pokemon in the ‘real-world’.”
It appears that Niantic has indeed bounced back from the fiasco of Pokemon Go Fest 2017, which was plagued with connectivity problems that eventually led to lawsuits and customer refunds amounting to $1.6 million.
Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film Jul 11, 8amLupin III is back, and he looks sleeker than ever in his first 3D CG film. TOHO has just revealed a trailer for the movie Lupin III THE FIRST, affording us all a look at how our favorite thieves will look like in 3D CG.
- Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight Gets 3rd Stage Musical in 2020
- “Sonic the Hedgehog” Producer Tim Miller Confident that Sonic’s Redesign Will Please Fans
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Once Again Tops Monthly Bookscan List for June
- Video Preview of Chihayafuru Season 3’s Opening Theme Released
- Persona 5 Gets a Stage Play Adaptation This December
- Lupin III Gets First-Ever 3D CG Anime Film
- Nintendo Switch Lite Officially Announced, Slated for a September 20 Release
- Opening Animation for Gundam Battle: Gunpla Warfare Smartphone Game Released
- Johnny Kitagawa, Founder of Boyband Empire Johnny & Associates, Dies at 87
- New Trailer Released for the Digimon 20th Anniversary Movie
- IDOLiSH7 Returns for a Second Season in 2020
- Visual & Premiere Date Released for New “My Hero Academia” Film, Manga Author Says It Will Be The Last Film
- Carole & Tuesday Set for a Worldwide Netflix Release on August 30
- Funimation Announces US Screenings for “Love Live! Sunshine!! School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow”
- Akira to Get An Anime Adaptation From Sunrise, 1988 Film to be Released in 4K Remaster
- Carole & Tuesday Gets New Theme Songs Written by Cornelius & Lido
- Fruits Basket Season 1 to Have 25 Episodes, New Cast & Theme Song Artists Revealed
- Yakuza 6 Actor Gets Suspended Due to Alleged Link to Organized Crime