The Nintendo Direct presentation has announced amazing news for Zelda fans: one of the franchise’s most beloved games, Link’s Awakening, is getting a remake for Nintendo Switch this year. The game was first released in 1993 and was the first Zelda game for Nintendo’s Game Boy. It was re-released in full color for the Game Boy Color in 1998 as Link’s Awakening DX.
Nintendo has also released a sneak peek of what fans can expect from the much-awaited remake, showcasing the brand-new art style and full 3D animation.
While the gaming company has released very few details so far, the brief trailer above shows us that the remake has preserved the top-down perspective of its first iteration in the old Game Boy handheld.
First released in 1986 for the Famicom Disk System, Legend of Zelda was created by game designers Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka. The series revolves around Link, who is often given the task of saving Princess Zelda and saving the Kingdom of Hyrule from evil warlord Ganon. Link’s Awakening is the first Zelda game set outside of Hyrule, with the story set in Koholint Island. In this game, the player is tasked to search for eight musical instruments that will awaken the Sleeping Wind Fish, thus enabling Link to escape the island. Link’s Awakening is also one of the few games in the franchise that does not feature Princess Zelda.
The Nintendo Switch remake for Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is planned for a 2019 release.
Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation Mar 18, 9amMore yuri anime is on the way, it seems, as last Saturday it was announced that time-stopping yuri manga Fragtime will be getting an anime adaptation. The announcement was made in the website opened by publishing company Akira Shoten for the upcoming adaptation of the yuri series.
- Re:ZERO Releases New Visual for 2nd OVA “Frozen Bonds”, Fall Cinematic Release Set
- New Protagonist for Sega’s Yakuza Game Series Announced, New PS4 Game in the Works
- Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro Movie to Get a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Release
- 39th 'Doraemon' Anime Film Remains #1 at the Box Office!
- English Dub Trailer Released for 1st 'Made in Abyss' Compilation Film
- Black Clover and Osomatsu-San Announce Surprise Collaboration
- One Punch Man Season 2 Streams New PV, Previews New OP From JAM Project
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Announces 3rd Season
- Yuri Manga Fragtime to Get an Anime Adaptation
- Fruits Basket Reboot Releases New Visual, Trailer for “1st Season”
- Jiyong to Join 2nd Live-Action ‘Tokyo Ghoul’ Film Cast as Itori
- A Graphic Novel Adaptation of ‘Detective Pikachu’ will Also Be Released
- Universal Studios Japan Unveils New Chapter for the Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- Noitamina Block to Air Its First-Ever BL Anime, Given
- 'My Hero Academia' Manga Once Again Tops U.S. Monthly Bookscan List for February
- Visual Novel 'Clannad' is Heading to the Nintendo Switch on July 4
- Doraemon Remakes 1st TV Episode for Its 40th Anniversary
- Female Vocal Unit Kalafina Announces Disbandment