A two-minute ad was released on Thursday by Square Enix on the upcoming and highly anticipated Kingdom Hearts III game. The ad was first originally aired during the “Soccer AFC Asia Cup 2019 Japan x Uzbekistan TV Asahi’s 60th Anniversary Commemoration” program in Japan.
The official Japanese Twitter account of the game series has been posting a countdown every single day for the past six days which includes an announcement made for each countdown of that day.
The game will be released on January 25 in Japan, following is the worldwide release set for January 29. The following confirmed worlds in the game are Toy Story, Big Hero 6, Monsters Inc., Tangled, Frozen, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Square Enix also confirmed the return of the Olympus Coliseum world.
The opening theme song titled “Face my Fears” is a collaboration of music producer Skrillex, Japanese singer icon Utada Hikaru, and record producer Poo Bear. Utada will also be singing the ending theme song titled “Don’t Think Twice” (“Chikai” or “Oath” for the song containing Japanese lyrics).
During Tokyo Game Show in September last year, game director Tetsuya Nomura said the upcoming game is “most definitely not the end of Kingdom Hearts.” He is also expressed that he wishes to continue Sora’s story and confirms that the final game will have a Xehanort as the main enemy. Kingdom Hearts III will also have a secret movie and the game staff is still deciding on where to where to implement it into the highly-anticipated game.
The franchise is also getting a Kingdom Hearts VR Experience game which will be launched this holiday season for free in English. Sony will also release VR experience of two songs performed by Utada Hikaru this winter which is from her recent concert tour that happened last year.
- Visuals, Cast, Run Dates Revealed for Kimetsu no Yaiba Stage Play
- John Cho’s Injury on Cowboy Bebop Set Puts Production on Hold for 7-9 Months
- 1st Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Set for a September 11, 2020 Theatrical Release
- Card Game ‘Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!’ Now has a Record of 10,000 Unique Cards
- Smartphone Game ‘Love Plus EVERY’ to Finally Launch on October 31
- Director Taika Waititi States that Live-Action “Akira” Film Will Still Happen
- New Trailer Revealed for Second Season of Fruits Basket 2019
- Season 2 Officially Announced for Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- New Teaser Trailer & 2020 Premiere Revealed for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Film
- KyoAni President: 4 of 33 Injured Staff Still at the Hospital, the Rest Have Returned to Work
- Studio Ghibli Films Confirmed to be Coming to HBO Max in Spring 2020
- Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Study in UK for One Year Starting Spring 2020
- Weathering With You Set to Make East Coast Premiere at Anime NYC
- 1st 41 Episodes of 1986 Saint Seiya Anime Now Streaming on Netflix, Features New English Dub
- Kaguya-sama Live-Action Film Surpasses 2 Billion Yen in Ticket Sales
- ‘No Guns Life’ Anime Adaptation to have 24 Episodes
- Makoto Shinkai’s “Garden of Words” Film Gets Stage Play Adaptation in London
- Code Geass Writer, Character Designer, C.C. Voice Actress Announced as Guests at Anime NYC