Three new videos were uploaded by Square Enix on Sunday revealing the three pre-order keyblade bonuses that players can get in the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III game. Pre-orders from 7-Eleven stores in Japan will get you a “Dawn Till Dusk” keyblade, digital pre-order for Xbox One will get you the “Phantom Green” keyblade, and digital pre-orders from the PlayStation 4 will get the “Midnight Blue” keyblade.
“Dawn Til Dusk” Preview (item strengthens fire magic):
“Phantom Green” Preview (item strengthens thunder magic):
“Midnight Blue” Preview (item strengthens blizzard magic):
Those who play the mini-games area in the Kingdom Hearts smartphone game Kingdom Hearts Union Cross will also receive a code for a Starlight keyblade and the score goals to get this item are now halved.
Kingdom Hearts III will be released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25 (Japan) and January 29 (West). The following confirmed worlds in the game are Toy Story, Big Hero 6, Monsters Inc., Tangled, Frozen, and Pirates of the Carribean. Square Enix also confirmed the return of the Olympus Coliseum world.
The opening theme song titled “Face my Fears” is a collaboration of music producer Skrillex, Japanese singer icon Utada Hikaru, and record producer Poo Bear. Utada will also be singing the ending theme song titled “Don’t Think Twice” (“Chikai” or “Oath” for the song containing Japanese lyrics).
During Tokyo Game Show in September last year, game director Tetsuya Nomura said the upcoming game is “most definitely not the end of Kingdom Hearts.” He is also expressed that he wishes to continue Sora’s story and confirms that the final game will have a Xehanort as the main enemy. Kingdom Hearts III will also have a secret movie and the game staff is still deciding on where to where to implement it into the highly-anticipated game.
The franchise is also getting a Kingdom Hearts VR Experience game which will be launched this holiday season for free in English. Sony will also release VR experience of two songs performed by Utada Hikaru this winter which is from her recent concert tour that happened last year.
- Sega Drops Yakuza 3 for PS4 in the West as Part of Yakuza Remastered Collection, 4 & 5 to Follow
- 1st PV, Main Cast, and October Premiere Revealed for Anime Adaptation of Mado Nozaki’s “Babylon” Novels
- Yuruyuri Celebrates 10th Anniversary With A Special OVA Release
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Launches Worldwide on September 3
- KyoAni Arsonist Could Possibly Escape Death Penalty Because of Mental Illness
- Haikyuu!! Announces New Cast Member & Premiere Date for Season 4, Reveals 2-Episode OVA
- New Key Visual Released for Upcoming ‘High School Fleet’ Anime Film
- Get Ready for Iceborne!: ‘Monster Hunter World: Iceborne’ Previews Glavenus and New Base Seliana
- Kizuna Ai Releases a Cover of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s “Kizunami”, Collaborates Again With Yasutaka Nakata
- October 11 2019 Premiere & Timeslot Announced for Original TV Anime “Kabukicho Sherlock”
- Japan’s King of Love Songs and Singer of “Kaguya-sama: Love is War” OP Expresses His Enjoyment of The Series
- High School Band on Which Sound! Euphonium Band Was Based On Wins Gold Medal In National Competition
- English Dub Trailer & Cast Revealed for Yuri Anime “Kase-san and Morning Glories” Blu-Ray
- Gundam Creator Yoshiyuki Tomino is Special Guest at Anime NYC
- New Teaser Trailer Released for Violet Evergarden Side-Story
- New Teaser Trailer & Visual Revealed for Wotakoi Live-Action Film
- Crowdfunded “Emma: A Victorian Romance” English-Dub Blu-ray Announces Additional Cast
- Clannad Developer Key, J-Rock Icon Yoshiki Donate 10 Million Yen to Kyoto Animation