It was announced on Eleven Arts’ official Facebook page last weekend that the successful film adaptation of Yoshitoki Oima’s manga A Silent Voice will be screen again in selected theaters January.Eleven Arts screened the film for the first time in October 2017 followed in another screen run in February 2018 in English dub. The film was also screened in the United Kingdom and Ireland back in March 2017 by Anime Limited.
A Silent Voice first premiered in Japan on September 17, 2016 which followed with a worldwide premiere that started in February 2017. It was an anime movie blockbuster hit with ticket gross sales at 19.56USD million!
The movie is based on the manga of the same name by Yoshitoki Oima. It centers on the lives of two different individuals namely Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya. Nishimiya is a mute classmate of Ishida, who was a bully to her along with his other classmates. When she transferred schools, karma strikes and Ishida was being bullied from almost everyone he knew at school. Pitied about the past experiences, he decided to learn sign language and hopefully get to patch up with Nishimiya and the people whom he has hurt in the past.
A Silent Voice’s anime adaptation was announced in the last chapter of the manga which was released on November 2014. Fast forward to 2015, Weekly Shonen Magazine made an announcement that the adaptation will be in an anime film slated to premiere on the fourth quarter of 2016. The film’s script was well-written by Reiko Yoshida while the character designs were done by Futoshi Nishiya. Pony Canyon along with Kensuke Ushio produced and composed the music for the film.
On its premiere in Japan, it was at number 2 just behind Makoto Shinkai’s your name.
- Second of Four Teasers for Boys’ Love Anime “Given” Released
- GKIDS Acquires License for N. American Distribution of Makoto Shinkai’s “Weathering With You”
- You Can Now Stream These Awesome Anime Movies on FunimationNOW!
- Former Member of Idol Group KAT-TUN Junnosuke Taguchi Detained Over Marijuana Possession
- One Piece’s Zoro is a High Schooler in New “Hungry Days” Nissin Cup Noodles Ad
- Psychological Thriller Manga Happy Sugar Life to End in June
- Musical Anime “Carole & Tuesday” Casts Aoi Shouta, Announces Collabs With Steve Aoki, Andy Platts, etc.
- Agency of “Nisekoi” Voice Actress Nao Toyama Starts Taking Steps Against Her Online Harassers
- More Cast Revealed for Kaguya-sama: Love is War Live-Action Movie
- Aniplex To Release Cells at Work BD In English Dub, English Cover of OP Previewed
- Universal Studios Japan Release Promotional Video for its Sailor Moon 4D Attraction
- More English Cast Members Announced for ‘Sailor Moon Sailor Stars’ Anime
- First Teaser Revealed for Upcoming Boys’ Love Anime “Given”
- Aqours to Perform Again in Anime Expo Los Angeles
- Revolutionary Girl Utena Launches New Musical Stage Play About the Black Rose Arc
- Japan to Send Gunpla Models to Space as Part of Promotions for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Report Claims that Kalafina Disbanded Due to Management Issues, Wants to Reunite as a Group
- “Ouran High School Host Club” Author Bisco Hatori is Special Guest at Anime Expo Los Angeles