It was announced on Eleven Arts’ official Facebook page last weekend that the successful film adaptation of Yoshitoki Oima’s manga A Silent Voice will be screen again in selected theaters January.Eleven Arts screened the film for the first time in October 2017 followed in another screen run in February 2018 in English dub. The film was also screened in the United Kingdom and Ireland back in March 2017 by Anime Limited.
A Silent Voice first premiered in Japan on September 17, 2016 which followed with a worldwide premiere that started in February 2017. It was an anime movie blockbuster hit with ticket gross sales at 19.56USD million!
The movie is based on the manga of the same name by Yoshitoki Oima. It centers on the lives of two different individuals namely Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya. Nishimiya is a mute classmate of Ishida, who was a bully to her along with his other classmates. When she transferred schools, karma strikes and Ishida was being bullied from almost everyone he knew at school. Pitied about the past experiences, he decided to learn sign language and hopefully get to patch up with Nishimiya and the people whom he has hurt in the past.
A Silent Voice’s anime adaptation was announced in the last chapter of the manga which was released on November 2014. Fast forward to 2015, Weekly Shonen Magazine made an announcement that the adaptation will be in an anime film slated to premiere on the fourth quarter of 2016. The film’s script was well-written by Reiko Yoshida while the character designs were done by Futoshi Nishiya. Pony Canyon along with Kensuke Ushio produced and composed the music for the film.
On its premiere in Japan, it was at number 2 just behind Makoto Shinkai’s your name.
Hello Kitty to Return to TV Screens in 2021Feb 13, 11amSanrio’s iconic character, Hello Kitty, is set to star in a new TV series. On February 6 the company announced that its beloved character will star in a new TV series entitled The World of Hello Kitty.
Sony to Stop PS Vita Production SoonFeb 19, 10amThis year would probably be the beginning of a slow end for the PlayStation Vita as the production of the following unit models PCH-2000 ZA11 (Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (Aqua Blue) are scheduled to end production soon as Sony’s PlayStation’s official website states.
- Princess Mononoke to Release a Collector’s Edition Set on May 14
- Aya Hirano is Coming to Quebec as Guest for Nadeshicon!
- The ‘Code Geass’ Recap Film Trilogy is Now Available for Digital Purchase!
- Sony to Stop PS Vita Production Soon
- Alita Creator Yukito Kishiro Praises Live-Action Adaptation of His Work as “The Greatest Movie in the World”
- FUNimation to Screen 1st Two Episodes of Fruits Basket Reboot in US Theaters
- Convention AnimeNEXT Announces MAPPA’s ‘Banana Fish’ Anime Staff as Guests
- Cardcaptor Sakura Launches Smartphone Game Based on Its Clear Card Arc
- Laura Bailey, Jerry Jewell Returns as Tohru & Kyo’s English Voice Actors for Fruits Basket Reboot
- ‘Attack on Titan’ Season 3, Part 2 to Premiere on April 28
- Madara Uchiha is 9th DLC Character for ‘Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker’ Video Game
- Mobile Suit Gundam Releases Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Luxury Watches
- Amazing Spider Man Director Marc Webb to Helm US Live Action Remake of Your Name
- Square Enix to Release 'Final Fantasy IX' on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Atlus USA to Release 'Catherine: Full Body' Video Game for the West on September 3!
- VIZ Media Acquires License to Junji Ito's 'No Longer Human' Manga
- Sentai Filmworks to Produce English Dub for 'Kämpfer' Anime Series
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake Heading to Nintendo Switch