USA Now has an Official Representative for the World Cosplay Summit 2018, Competition to Happen Next Month!
Anime Expo was hyped as the winner of the USA qualifiers for the World Cosplay Summit has been announced. In a tweet posted by the official World Cosplay Summit Twitter page on Sunday, Jewel Cat Cosplay (Julie Ziolkowski) together with her partner Christy Plasil-Tang were announced as the country’s representative for the World Cosplay Summit grand finals which will be held at Nagoya, Japan. Both of them cosplayed characters Beatrice and Battler Ushiromiya from the franchise Umineko No Naka Koro Ni.
Different cosplay teams from different nationalities will be given the opportunity to experience Japan like no other and also to bring pride to their home country as the World Cosplay Summit 2018 will happen on July 28 to August in Nagoya, Japan!
Cosplay competitions held in various countries were organized in order to give cosplay teams a chance to compete and represent for the grand finals. While the World Cosplay Summit’s main highlight is the cosplay competition itself, the selected representatives will be taken around key locations in Japan to experience the country’s vibrant culture.
The official website of the World Cosplay Summit recently released a trailer video which you can watch below:
Last year, Team China composed of Xue Yan Xue and Tian Tian won the World Cosplay Championship with their jaw dropping and impressive cosplay skit performance of Blood: The Last Vampire. Tien Tien cosplayed as Saya while Xue Yan Xue cosplayed a chiropteran monster.
If you want to check out their performance, watch the video below:
Team Mexico bagged the second place in their nostalgic Trigun skit. Team Japan won Third Place on their creative cosplay skit performance from ayakashi bakeneko.
We can’t wait for this year’s WCS. Best of luck to all the participants!
Source: World Cosplay Summit (Twitter)
General Impression: Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro BiyoriJun 24, 12pmSynopsis Set in a popular Japanese-style café named “Rokuhoudou”, this story star four specialists. They consist of tea specialist and café owner Sui, latte artist Gure, sweets specialist Tsubaki and cooking specialist Tokitaka.
- Second Season of ‘Mob Psycho 100’ to Premiere on January 2019, Teaser Visual Released!
- New Character Visuals Released for Upcoming ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Anime Film
- USA Now has an Official Representative for the World Cosplay Summit 2018, Competition to Happen Next Month!
- 5 Precure Girls are Together in the New ‘Hugtto! Precure Anime! Visual
- Anime Adaptation of ‘Asobi Asobase’ to have 12 Episodes and Mini Anime
- Steve Ditko, ‘Spider-Man’ Co-Creator Passes Away
- Retsuko Returns in 2019 with an Aggretsuko Anime 2nd Season
- A Job Site for Cosplayers is Launched in Japan
- ‘Detective Conan’ Manga Goes on Hiatus Again for Seven Weeks
- Party Dress Designs and Young All Might Visuals Released for Upcoming ‘My Hero Academia: Two Heroes’ Anime Film!
- ‘Violet Evergarden’ Announces its ‘Same Time Period’ Anime Film Premiere in January 2020!
- "Yuri!! On Ice" Film is Confirmed with Details
- Smartphone Game ‘Sword Art Online: Code Register’ to End Service in Late August
- Trailer for Upcoming ‘The Seven Deadly Sins’ Film Released, Features Theme Song Performed by Nogizaka46!
- Promo Video for 'Revue Starlight' Anime Series Revealed!
- Makoto Shinkai, Sunao Katabuchi, and Mamoru Hosoda Invited to Join Oscars’ Academy
- General Impression: Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori
- Shojo Kageki Revue Starlight Gains a Smartphone Game