USA Now has an Official Representative for the World Cosplay Summit 2018, Competition to Happen Next Month!
Anime Expo was hyped as the winner of the USA qualifiers for the World Cosplay Summit has been announced. In a tweet posted by the official World Cosplay Summit Twitter page on Sunday, Jewel Cat Cosplay (Julie Ziolkowski) together with her partner Christy Plasil-Tang were announced as the country’s representative for the World Cosplay Summit grand finals which will be held at Nagoya, Japan. Both of them cosplayed characters Beatrice and Battler Ushiromiya from the franchise Umineko No Naka Koro Ni.
Different cosplay teams from different nationalities will be given the opportunity to experience Japan like no other and also to bring pride to their home country as the World Cosplay Summit 2018 will happen on July 28 to August in Nagoya, Japan!
Cosplay competitions held in various countries were organized in order to give cosplay teams a chance to compete and represent for the grand finals. While the World Cosplay Summit’s main highlight is the cosplay competition itself, the selected representatives will be taken around key locations in Japan to experience the country’s vibrant culture.
The official website of the World Cosplay Summit recently released a trailer video which you can watch below:
Last year, Team China composed of Xue Yan Xue and Tian Tian won the World Cosplay Championship with their jaw dropping and impressive cosplay skit performance of Blood: The Last Vampire. Tien Tien cosplayed as Saya while Xue Yan Xue cosplayed a chiropteran monster.
If you want to check out their performance, watch the video below:
Team Mexico bagged the second place in their nostalgic Trigun skit. Team Japan won Third Place on their creative cosplay skit performance from ayakashi bakeneko.
We can’t wait for this year’s WCS. Best of luck to all the participants!
Source: World Cosplay Summit (Twitter)
3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"Nov 4, 11amSynopsis A shoujo loving girl named Yuu awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes. However, upon being confessed to by a junior high classmate, she finds herself feeling nothing.
First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"Nov 5, 12pmSynopsis This is a tale that takes on the combat sport of sumo and stars a "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru. He has entered into Oodachi High School and aims to join the sumo club though it has gained a weak reputation.
A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"Nov 4, 6amSynopsis Hinata, a young boy who likes drawing, finds himself falling in love with his classmate Shigure. The problem, however, is that Hinata has trouble talking to other people and resigns himself to his drawings and imagination.
- Marvel Co-Creator and Comic Book Icon Stan Lee Passes Away
- Winnie-the-Pooh World to Return in ‘Kingdom Hearts III’!
- New Anime Adaptation for ‘Fruits Basket’ Manga is Confirmed!
- New ‘Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Eevee!’ Video Features Elite Four and Gym Leaders!
- ‘Lu Over the Wall’ Anime Film to Release on Home Video
- Naruto/Boruto Attraction to Open in ‘Nijigen no Mori’ Theme Park In April!
- More Photos Emerged on the Filming of Upcoming ‘Monster Hunter’ Live-Action Film
- First Episode Impression: "Hinomaru Zumou"
- Umamusume: Pretty Derby TV Anime Returns with a Special Home Video
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Releases New Video Featuring ‘Tangled’ Movie’s ‘Kingdom of Corona’ World
- Ryoko Gi and Takeshi Kusao will be Part of the ‘Black Clover’ Anime Cast!
- Gunjō no Magmell Cast Kengo Kawanishia and M.A.O as Main Characters
- 3 Episode Impression: "Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken"
- 3 Episode Impression: "Bloom into You"
- A Work of Whimsy: "Hinata no Aoshigure"
- Tatsunoko's The Price of Smiles Anime is Listed for 12 Episodes
- A New PV Reveals More Details for Kunihiko Ikuhara's Sarazanmai Anime
- An Okay but Cute Family Romance Story: "Mikakunin de Shinkoukei"