It was announced on the official website of the 20th Dragon Ball film that the Dragon Ball Super anime film (still with a tentative title) is slated to premiere on December 14. Aside from the announcement, the website also revealed a new visual.
The teaser visual is translated “ ‘Super’ movie version begins.” Masako Nozawa will star as the voice of the franchise’s protagonist, Son Goku.
The Dragon Ball Super anime premiered in 2015 in Japan. The creator of the series Akira Toriyama confirmed in his comments that the show will be ending “for now.”
He also commented about the upcoming film:
“This Dragon Ball Super film is the next story after the currently airing television anime. The story takes place after the climax of the Tournament of Power, where the fate of the universe was at stake, and the short rest that follows. It will give a few previously unwritten details about the Saiyans and Frieza, as well as a long-awaited strong opponent to overcome, and I think it will be an enjoyable story!
From 2013’s Battle of Gods and the last film Resurrection ‘F’ to the current film, I’ve been carefully writing, and I’ve had the pleasure of drawing lots of designs and the like. I’m actually as busy as ever, but while I don’t have to serialize anything I have time to think about the anime, which used to be out of my hands. (laughs) So please look forward to it!
By the way, the television anime is over for now, but Toyotarō’s popular manga (five volumes out now!) is continuing. I think it will have different developments from the television anime and film, so please look forward to it. I certainly will!”
Source: Moca News
A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo! Jun 19, 12amTo those who are going to the Anime Expo weekend, you are in luck as Vertical, Inc. will be bringing NisiOisin’s Monotagari art exhibit to the convention. This will also include cool artwork from VOFAN, the franchise’s novel illustrator.
Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy Jun 12, 3amIn a report on Monday released by the credit research company Tokyo Shoko Research (TSR) revealed that the anime production studio Production IMS has started consolidating their debt as of June 7. Based on an unnamed source, TSR stated that the staff will be entering legal proceedings and is considering to file for bankruptcy.
New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8! Jun 4, 9amIt was confirmed in the wraparound jacket band on the 73rd volume of the Gintama manga on Monday that the new anime series will premiere on July 8. The precious series aired in Japan last October which started with the “Porori Arc” story which was followed by the “Silver Soul” arc aired on January 7.
- PS4 Version of ‘Clannad’ to Launch in the U.S. This Week!
- Nintendo Switch Version of ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Slated to be Released in the West on September 28!
- Ichigo, Rukia, and Uryu Featured in Three New Trailers of Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie
- Visual and VR Video Released for Live-Action ‘Saint Young Men’ Series
- Comedy Manga ‘Back Street Girls’ Returns from Hiatus!
- A ‘Monogatari’ Exhibit will be Held in Anime Expo!
- My Sweet Tyrant Anime's Second Cour Arrives on June 29
- Bee and PuppyCat Returns with Co-Production by Berserk's OLM
- Live-Action ‘Bleach’ Movie Releases Three New TV Ads!
- Crayon Shin-chan's Title Role goes to Yumiko Kobayashi
- Production IMS Considers Filing For Bankruptcy
- ‘Pirates of the Carribean’ World Featured in New ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Trailer!
- ‘Fist of the North Star’ Game to Release in the West In October
- New Trailer for ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ Released, Previews of ‘Frozen’ World Unveiled!
- ‘Fate/Extra Last Encore’ Anime Special ‘Illustrias Geocentrism’ to Premiere on July 29!
- New ‘Gintama’ Anime to Air on July 8!
- ‘Moshi Moshi, Terumi Desu’ Anime Adaptation to Premiere on June 8 in Anime Beans App
- An 'Unprecedented Important Announcement' is Coming up for the Baki Franchise on June 9