It was announced on the official website of the 20th Dragon Ball film that the Dragon Ball Super anime film (still with a tentative title) is slated to premiere on December 14. Aside from the announcement, the website also revealed a new visual.
The teaser visual is translated “ ‘Super’ movie version begins.” Masako Nozawa will star as the voice of the franchise’s protagonist, Son Goku.
The Dragon Ball Super anime premiered in 2015 in Japan. The creator of the series Akira Toriyama confirmed in his comments that the show will be ending “for now.”
He also commented about the upcoming film:
“This Dragon Ball Super film is the next story after the currently airing television anime. The story takes place after the climax of the Tournament of Power, where the fate of the universe was at stake, and the short rest that follows. It will give a few previously unwritten details about the Saiyans and Frieza, as well as a long-awaited strong opponent to overcome, and I think it will be an enjoyable story!
From 2013’s Battle of Gods and the last film Resurrection ‘F’ to the current film, I’ve been carefully writing, and I’ve had the pleasure of drawing lots of designs and the like. I’m actually as busy as ever, but while I don’t have to serialize anything I have time to think about the anime, which used to be out of my hands. (laughs) So please look forward to it!
By the way, the television anime is over for now, but Toyotarō’s popular manga (five volumes out now!) is continuing. I think it will have different developments from the television anime and film, so please look forward to it. I certainly will!”
Source: Moca News
- ‘Gintama’ Anime Ends in March, to Return in July for ‘Silver Soul’ Arc Climax
- ‘Batman Ninja’ Anime Film to Premiere on June 15!
- 2nd Season of ‘Ace Attorney’ Anime to Air This Fall
- New ‘Kemono Friends’ Website Launches a Countdown
- ‘Violet Evergarden’ to be Available for the US on April 5 via Netflix
- ‘Karakuri Circus’ Manga Green-lit for Anime Adaptation, Auditions Open for Lead Role
- ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Game Features Broly, Bardock also to be Released as DLC
- ‘Dragon Ball Super’ Anime Film Slated for December 14!
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 3 Announces 4 Additional Cast Members!
- A Schedule is Set for "Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori's" Debut
- Madhouse Reveals an Anime for the Boogiepop and Others Light Novel
- A Theme Song is Presented for the Live Action "After the Rain"
- ‘Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory’ to Premiere on April 13
- Bleach Live-Action Film Reveals Additional Cast
- Details Revealed for 3-Part ‘Psycho-Pass SS’ Anime Film
- Niantic and Fuji TV confirms ‘Ingress’ Anime to Release in October
- Bandai Namco to Release New ‘Dragon Ball’ Smartphone Game
- 38th ‘Doremon’ Film Conquers the Japanese Box Office with 843 Million Yen!