It was announced on the official website of the 20th Dragon Ball film that the Dragon Ball Super anime film (still with a tentative title) is slated to premiere on December 14. Aside from the announcement, the website also revealed a new visual.
The teaser visual is translated “ ‘Super’ movie version begins.” Masako Nozawa will star as the voice of the franchise’s protagonist, Son Goku.
The Dragon Ball Super anime premiered in 2015 in Japan. The creator of the series Akira Toriyama confirmed in his comments that the show will be ending “for now.”
He also commented about the upcoming film:
“This Dragon Ball Super film is the next story after the currently airing television anime. The story takes place after the climax of the Tournament of Power, where the fate of the universe was at stake, and the short rest that follows. It will give a few previously unwritten details about the Saiyans and Frieza, as well as a long-awaited strong opponent to overcome, and I think it will be an enjoyable story!
From 2013’s Battle of Gods and the last film Resurrection ‘F’ to the current film, I’ve been carefully writing, and I’ve had the pleasure of drawing lots of designs and the like. I’m actually as busy as ever, but while I don’t have to serialize anything I have time to think about the anime, which used to be out of my hands. (laughs) So please look forward to it!
By the way, the television anime is over for now, but Toyotarō’s popular manga (five volumes out now!) is continuing. I think it will have different developments from the television anime and film, so please look forward to it. I certainly will!”
Source: Moca News
- 4 Great Anime Films to Premiere in L.A.’s Animation is Film Festival in October!
- Smartphone Game ‘Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories’ to be Released In 2019!
- The Royal Tutor Returns with a Film Coming February 2019
- Sega Delays the Release of ‘Mega Drive Mini’ Console to 2019, Plans for Global Release
- The Detective Conan Manga Announces a 9 - Week Break
- Release of ‘One Piece: World Seeker’ Game Delayed to 2019
- Anime Series ‘Tsurune’ to Air on October 14!
- Former 'Morning Musume' Idol Hitomi Yoshizawa is Arrested for Suspected Hit-and-Run
- Nintendo Switch Dominates Japan with Over 5 Million Units Sold!
- Anime Film ‘I Want to Eat Your Pancreas’ Conquers Opening Week Earning 100 Million Yen!
- ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Manga Returns on September 22 After a 5-Month Hiatus
- New ‘Hunter X Hunter’ Smartphone Game Announced!
- Anime Adaptation for ‘Madoka Magica’s Magia Record’ RPG Game Confirmed for 2019!
- Anime Film ‘Night is Short, Walk on Girl’ Earns $350,000 at the U.S. Box Office!
- Wataru Yoshizumi’s ‘Marmalade Boy Little’ Manga to End Next Month
- Momoko Sakura, Creator of ‘Chibi Maruko-chan’ Passes Away at 53
- Netflix Announces a Sequel for the U.S Death Note Film
- The Latest One Piece Film is Set for Summer 2019