For those who haven’t watched the anime movie Napping Princess, here is some good news for you! Anime Limited recently revealed details that they will be releasing the film for Blu-ray/DVD on February 26. The combo edition will contain a 40-page booklet with Art Card.
An interview of Kenji Kamiyama, an introduction during the Japanese Premiere, and an extra on the Okayama scenery is included in the standard DVD edition. The standard Blu-ray edition will contain special interviews and TV Programme with the cast and a Greeting during the Japanese Release.
This is the first anime film production of Signal.MD, a new anime studio subsidiary of I.G Port directed and written by Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Eden of the East).
Movie Synopsis (as described by The New York International Children’s Film Festival):
This fender and genre-bending film takes us into the not-too-distant machine-driven future. Kokone should be diligently studying for her university entrance exams, but she just can’t seem to stay awake. Aside from stealing precious study time, her napping is even more distracting, as it brings on strange dreams with warring machines that hint at family secrets that have been dormant for years. She can’t ask her father, a hipster mechanic more talented and artful than his job requires, as he’s always busy modifying motorcycles and cars in flights of fancy. What are these visions that lead Kokone at once closer to and farther away from her family? Like all the best anime, the film revels in multilayered fantasy to show how sometimes opposites—waking and dreaming, the past and the future—are far more intertwined than they appear.
Source: Anime UK News
Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest StarOct 18, 11amAn unexpected collaborative video is released featuring Virtual YouTuber Kizuna Ai communicating with ADA, the AI entity from smartphone game turned anime “Ingress.” It has been confirmed that the AI will be making an appearance in the 9th episode of the anime.
A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"Oct 14, 3amSynopsis A young pharmacologist and researcher who entered into the world of medicine for the sake of his sister who had passed away from cancer end up passing away himself due to overworking. Rather than ending up in the afterlife, however, he finds himself reincarnated as a 10-year-old boy named Falma in Medieval Parallel Europe.
First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"Oct 14, 9amSynopsis Kohane Hatoya is a cheerful girl who loves helping others. During her move from middle school to high school, she one day comes across a cheerleading squad and becomes inspired by it. Now upon entering high school, Kohane makes the decision to start a cheerleading club.
First Episode Impression: "Himote House"Oct 14, 6amSynopsis This is a tale that involves five girls and one cat living together in Nakano, Tokyo. First, there are Tokiyo, Kinami, and Kokoro Himote, three sisters whose family manages the "Himote House.
- The Character Designs for "Stand My Heroes" are Revealed
- Ingress Anime Reveals Kizuna Ai as a Guest Star
- Tatsunoko Celebrates its 55th Anniversary with an Original Anime
- This High-End Statue of Alphonse Elric is a Must-Have for any Fullmetal Alchemist Fan!
- New Details Revealed for Upcoming 2019 Doraemon Film, Movie to Premiere on March 1
- Production IMS, creator of ‘Date A Live II’ and ‘Haifuri’ Anime Series is Now Bankrupt
- Ending in November is the Chihayafuru Chūgakusei-hen Spinoff Manga
- Strike The Blood III OVA Confirmed to Have 10 Episodes
- First Episode Impression: "Anima Yell!"
- First Episode Impression: "Himote House"
- First Episode Impression: "Gaikotsu Shotenin Honda-san"
- A Second Look: "Isekai Yakkyoku"
- A Call for Cute Cat Pics is Made by "Dokyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki Atama no Ue"
- A Condition is Set for the Dropkick on My Devil! 2nd Season Green Light
- What We See so Far - "Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya"
- A Supernatural Story that Could Have Been Better: "Miyori no Mori"
- Final Thoughts on: "First Episode Impression: Holmes at Kyoto Teramachi Sanjo"
- Final Thoughts on: "Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight"