For those who haven’t watched the anime movie Napping Princess, here is some good news for you! Anime Limited recently revealed details that they will be releasing the film for Blu-ray/DVD on February 26. The combo edition will contain a 40-page booklet with Art Card.
An interview of Kenji Kamiyama, an introduction during the Japanese Premiere, and an extra on the Okayama scenery is included in the standard DVD edition. The standard Blu-ray edition will contain special interviews and TV Programme with the cast and a Greeting during the Japanese Release.
This is the first anime film production of Signal.MD, a new anime studio subsidiary of I.G Port directed and written by Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Eden of the East).
Movie Synopsis (as described by The New York International Children’s Film Festival):
This fender and genre-bending film takes us into the not-too-distant machine-driven future. Kokone should be diligently studying for her university entrance exams, but she just can’t seem to stay awake. Aside from stealing precious study time, her napping is even more distracting, as it brings on strange dreams with warring machines that hint at family secrets that have been dormant for years. She can’t ask her father, a hipster mechanic more talented and artful than his job requires, as he’s always busy modifying motorcycles and cars in flights of fancy. What are these visions that lead Kokone at once closer to and farther away from her family? Like all the best anime, the film revels in multilayered fantasy to show how sometimes opposites—waking and dreaming, the past and the future—are far more intertwined than they appear.
Source: Anime UK News
First Impression: Captain Tsubasa (2018)May 12, 10amSynopsis 11-year-old Tsubasa Oozora is an elementary student who has a deep love for soccer ever since he was young. Aiming to become a top soccer player, Tsubasa moves with his mother to Nankatsu city, which is well-known for its excellent elementary school soccer teams.
First Impression: Lost SongMay 13, 12pmSynopsis In a verdant frontier village, there lives an energetic girl named Rin. Meanwhile, within the royal palace in the bustling capital city, the songstress Finis spends her days in solitude.
- Elf Yamada of ‘Eromanga Sensei’ is Getting Her Own Spinoff Manga
- World Cosplay Summit to Happen on July 28 to August 5 in Nagoya, Japan!
- A Life-Size Kuroneko Statue is up for only 10 Limited Pre-Orders!
- New ‘Beyblade Burst’ Mobile Game to Release This Fall
- Sony to Halt Production of PS Vita Game Cards
- Nintendo Switch Version for 'Okami HD' Game to be Released on August 9 in Japan and West Region
- Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long Featured in New Trailers of 'BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle'!
- ‘Beyblade Burst Battle Zero’ Game to be Released in Japan on October 25 for the Nintendo Switch
- Yoshihiro Kuroiwa, ‘Zenki’ Manga Artist Passes Away
- Cryptocurrency “Otaku Coin” to Launch This Summer or Fall
- Latest ‘Detective Conan’ Movie Still Remains Number 1 at the Japanese Box Office!
- Fighting Game Classic ‘Guilty Gear’ is Coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, and Steam!
- New Original Anime TO BE HEROINE to air on May 19!
- An Enjoyable Food and Fantasy Story: "Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi"
- First Impression: Lost Song
- Making its way to Japanese Theaters this October is "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Detonation"
- A Collaboration Poster is Released for the Detective Conan and Gundam: The Origin Films
- One Piece's Mother Carmel is to be Voiced by Fumi Hirano