It was announced on Wednesday by Eleven Arts that it will debut the English dub of A Silent Voice in selected theaters on February 2. The anime studio has released a list of theater venues as well as showtimes in their official website. No screening dates have been announced for Canada as of this time. The dub will be directed by Stephanie Sheh and stars deaf actress Lexi Cowden to voice Shoko Nishimiya in this English dub.
The rest of the English dub cast are the following:
Robbie Daymond as Shoya Ishida
Ryan Shanahan as Shoya Ishida (sixth grade)
Kira Buckland as Naoka Ueno
Gia Grace as Naoka Ueno (sixth grade)
Amber Lee Connors as Miki Kawai
Annabelle Corigliano as Miki Kawai (sixth grade)
Melissa Hope as Miyoko Sahara
Catie Harvey as Mikoko Sahara (sixth grade)
Brian Bekerle as Hirose (sixth grade)
Michael Sinterniklaas as Kazuki Shimada
Spencer Rosen as Kazuki Shimada (sixth grade)
Kristen Sullivan as Yuzuru Nishimiya
Lipica Shah as Yaeko Nishimiya
Janis Carol as Ito Nishimiya
Sara Cravens as Miyoko Ishida
Graham Halstead as Nagatsuka
Max Mittelman as Satoshi Mashiba
AnnaBelle Deaner as Maria
A Silent Voice first premiered in Japan on September 17, 2016 which followed with a worldwide premiere that started in February 2017. It was an anime movie blockbuster hit with ticket gross sales at 19.56USD million!
The movie is based on the manga of the same name by Yoshitoki Oima. It centers on the lives of two different individuals namely Shoya Ishida and Shoko Nishimiya. Nishimiya is a mute classmate of Ishida, who was a bully to her along with his other classmates. When she transferred schools, karma strikes and Ishida was being bullied from almost everyone he knew at school. Pitied about the past experiences, he decided to learn sign language and hopefully get to patch up with Nishimiya and the people whom he has hurt in the past.
A Silent Voice’s anime adaptation was announced in the last chapter of the manga which was released on November 2014. Fast forward to 2015, Weekly Shonen Magazine made an announcement that the adaptation will be in an anime film slated to premiere on the fourth quarter of 2016. The film’s script was well-written by Reiko Yoshida while the character designs were done by Futoshi Nishiya. Pony Canyon along with Kensuke Ushio produced and composed the music for the film.
On its premiere in Japan, it was at number 2 just behind Makoto Shinkai’s your name. Many anime fans praised this movie for being closely accurate to the manga regardless if some things were skipped. If you are looking for an anime movie to watch this 2017, make sure that A Silent Voice should be at the top of your list. The animation is superb, the music is fantastic, and a powerhouse voice cast. You will be captured by its magic. Be sure to hit the theaters when this movie is showing near you!
Source: Anime News Network
- ‘Gintama’ Anime Ends in March, to Return in July for ‘Silver Soul’ Arc Climax
- ‘Batman Ninja’ Anime Film to Premiere on June 15!
- 2nd Season of ‘Ace Attorney’ Anime to Air This Fall
- New ‘Kemono Friends’ Website Launches a Countdown
- ‘Violet Evergarden’ to be Available for the US on April 5 via Netflix
- ‘Karakuri Circus’ Manga Green-lit for Anime Adaptation, Auditions Open for Lead Role
- ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Game Features Broly, Bardock also to be Released as DLC
- ‘Dragon Ball Super’ Anime Film Slated for December 14!
- ‘My Hero Academia’ Season 3 Announces 4 Additional Cast Members!
- A Schedule is Set for "Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori's" Debut
- Madhouse Reveals an Anime for the Boogiepop and Others Light Novel
- A Theme Song is Presented for the Live Action "After the Rain"
- ‘Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory’ to Premiere on April 13
- Bleach Live-Action Film Reveals Additional Cast
- Details Revealed for 3-Part ‘Psycho-Pass SS’ Anime Film
- Niantic and Fuji TV confirms ‘Ingress’ Anime to Release in October
- Bandai Namco to Release New ‘Dragon Ball’ Smartphone Game
- 38th ‘Doremon’ Film Conquers the Japanese Box Office with 843 Million Yen!