On Thursday, December 22, Animax Asia began streaming a Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re: Life in a different world from zero or Re:Zero – Starting Life in Another World -) teaser, revealing that the Southeast Asian channel will start to broadcast the anime series on January 13.
Re:Zero anime first aired in Japan on April 3 on TV Tokyo, TV Osaka, TV Aichi, and AT-X, and was simulcasted by Crunchyroll with english subtitles. It is based on a light novel series written by Tappei Nagatsuki and illustrated by Shinichirou Otsuka.
Composing of 25 episodes, Masaharu Watanabe directed the series under White Fox Studio.
Story as described by Crunchyroll:
“Natsuki Subaru, an ordinary high school student, is on his way home from the convenience store when he finds himself transported to another world. As he’s lost and confused in a new world where he doesn’t even know left from right, the only person to reach out to him was a beautiful girl with silver hair. Determined to repay her somehow for saving him from his own despair, Subaru agrees to help the girl find something she’s looking for…”
Re:Zero was also adapted into separate manga series: the first one, by Daichi Matsue, was published by Media Factory in June 2014 to March 2015; the second one, published by Square Enix in October 2014, was by Makoto Fugetsu; and the third one, also by Daichi Matsue under Media Factory publications in May 2015. Media Factory also published an anthology in June 2016.
In 2015, Yen Press announced that it has licensed both the light novel and manga versions of Re:Zero.
Watch: Teaser by Animax
Now You Can Watch ‘My Hero Academia’ for FREE! Mar 27, 5amWhile all of us are still in our homes staying safe from the Coronavirus pandemic, we are giving you this good news. As of this month, the fourth season of My Hero Academia is still ongoing in Japan. For those who are stuck at home and want to rewatch or catch-up on the anime, you can…FOR FREE.
Free Comic Book Day 2020 PostponedMar 20, 5pmSome sad news for those who are looking forward for this year’s Free Comic Book Day. It was announced on Thursday by Diamond Comic Distributors that the event will be postponed due to the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Specs of the PlayStation 5 have Been Revealed! Mar 19, 7pmAlthough the recent PlayStation 5 reveal event felt like a formal lecture in a typical college classroom, the important thing here is the specs for one of the highly anticipated gaming consoles have been released.
Re:ZERO Gets Smartphone Game This YearMar 24, 6amThe second season may have been delayed but at least we’re gonna get Subaru and the gang in our smartphones soon.
- Season 2 Confirmed for “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- Theme Song Artists, Episode 1 Stills Revealed for “Fruits Basket” Season 2
- Crunchyroll to Stream ‘Fruits Basket’ Season 2 to its Anime Spring Lineup
- New ‘Pokemon Sword and Shield’ Trailer Features ‘The Isle of Armor Expansion’
- VIZ Releases ‘My Hero: Academia: Heroes Rising’ Manga Chapter in English!
- ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Tops Japan’s Recent Video Game Rankings!
- Now You Can Watch ‘My Hero Academia’ for FREE!
- Crunchyroll to Stream Second Season of Re:ZERO in July
- Baseball Girls Anime “Tamayomi” Previews Opening Theme Song
- “Tower of God” Releases Preview of Opening Theme Song Sung by KPop Boyband Stray Kids
- New “Intermission” Video and a Gorgeous New Visual Released for Upcoming “Violet Evergarden” Movie
- More Returning Cast Announced for Live-Action “Rurouni Kenshin” Films, ONE OK ROCK Returns to Sing Theme Song
- New Visuals, January 2021 Premiere Revealed for “Laid-Back Camp” Season 2
- Re:ZERO Gets Smartphone Game This Year
- 1st Promo Video & Key Visual Revealed for “Irregular at Magic High School” Season 2
- Promo Video for “Cells at Work!” Season 2 Reveals January 2021 Premiere, New Movie to Screen in September
- New Video Previews “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba” Smartphone Game
- Promo Video for New “Higurashi: When They Cry” Anime Project Reveals July Premiere, Returning Staff & Cast