King of the Monsters Returns to Big Screen in 534 Theaters across U.S. and Canada
FLOWER MOUND, TX – October 11, 2016. The signature roar of Godzilla, King of the Monsters, will echo throughout North America tonight when “SHIN GODZILLA” opens in theaters. Funimation Films® will be screening the Japanese kaiju film in 534 theaters across the U.S. and Canada during its limited theatrical engagement from October 11 – 18. “SHIN GODZILLA” is the 29th film produced by Toho Co., Ltd. in the iconic science fiction monster franchise and is co-directed by Hideaki Anno (creator of “Evangelion”) and co- directed by Shinji Higuchi (director of Toho’s 2015 “Attack on Titan” live action movies). The movie has been a huge box office hit in Japan – grossing more than $68M at the box office in the two months since it opened and making it the 4th highest grossing film for 2016. Tickets for “SHIN GODZILLA” are available via the official film website.
“Godzilla has been entertaining audiences worldwide for more than 62 years and we’re excited to bring this newest incarnation to the U.S. and Canada,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and President of Funimation. “Fan excitement for ‘SHIN GODZILLA’ has been unabated since we first announced the film back in July at San Diego Comic Con. It would not surprise me if numerous theaters sell out.”
In advance of tonight’s opening, Funimation hosted premieres of “SHIN GODZILLA” last week to capacity audiences in Los Angeles as well as New York City, which was planned to coincide with New York Comic Con 2016.
“If audience reaction at our two premieres is any indication then ‘SHIN GODZILLA’ will be another box office success for Funimation Films,” said Mike DuBoise, EVP and COO of Funimation. “The fan base for Godzilla is as wide as the monster is tall. The enthusiasm and anticipation from fans – both young and old – as shared on social media is truly palpable. We encourage fans to pre-purchase tickets to guarantee a seat to this limited theatrical event.”
For more info, visit Sentai Filmworks.
New Action-Packed Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Series of Otome Game “Koi to Producer ~EVOLxLOVE~”Jun 29, 7am
Upcoming ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Update Allows Swimming and Collecting Sea CrittersJun 26, 12pm
After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 ReleaseJul 1, 5am
Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ TitleJul 2, 5am
- The Latest Summer Update Patch for ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ is Now Available!
- Ghibli Museum to Slowly Reopen to the Public in September
- ‘Dr. Stone’ Season 2 to Air in January 2021, New Trailer Teases ‘Stone Wars’ Arc
- New Trailer Featuring 2nd Half of ‘Fruits Basket’ Season 2 Released!
- Seven Seas Announces Licenses to New Manga and Light Novel Series Titles!
- More Anime Nostalgia Incoming as RetroCrush Adds 10 Anime Titles to Growing Library
- New Promo Video Teases Return of “The Millionaire Detective – Balance: UNLIMITED”
- Sunrise Files Trademark for “Love Live! Superstar”; Fans Speculate That This Could Be New Series’ Title
- New Teaser Clip Released for Netflix’s Live-Action “JU-ON: Origins”
- After Delay Due to COVID-19, Third and Final “Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel” Film Set for August 15 Release
- New Trailer Previews Theme Song for Live-Action “Yowamushi Pedal” Film
- Release of “Tokyo Revengers” Live-Action Film Delayed Due to COVID-19
- New Trailer for Boys-Love Film “Restart wa Tadaima no Ato de” Previews Intimate Scenes
- New “Monster Girl Doctor” Promo Videos Preview Opening Theme Song
- Second Promo Video for Original Anime “The Great Pretender” Released
- New Action-Packed Trailer Revealed for TV Anime Series of Otome Game “Koi to Producer ~EVOLxLOVE~”
- New Episode of ‘Boruto’ Anime to Premiere on July 5
- ‘The Last of Us 2’ is the fast-selling Sony PS4 Game to Date, 4 Million Copies Sold