King of the Monsters Returns to Big Screen in 534 Theaters across U.S. and Canada
FLOWER MOUND, TX – October 11, 2016. The signature roar of Godzilla, King of the Monsters, will echo throughout North America tonight when “SHIN GODZILLA” opens in theaters. Funimation Films® will be screening the Japanese kaiju film in 534 theaters across the U.S. and Canada during its limited theatrical engagement from October 11 – 18. “SHIN GODZILLA” is the 29th film produced by Toho Co., Ltd. in the iconic science fiction monster franchise and is co-directed by Hideaki Anno (creator of “Evangelion”) and co- directed by Shinji Higuchi (director of Toho’s 2015 “Attack on Titan” live action movies). The movie has been a huge box office hit in Japan – grossing more than $68M at the box office in the two months since it opened and making it the 4th highest grossing film for 2016. Tickets for “SHIN GODZILLA” are available via the official film website.
“Godzilla has been entertaining audiences worldwide for more than 62 years and we’re excited to bring this newest incarnation to the U.S. and Canada,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and President of Funimation. “Fan excitement for ‘SHIN GODZILLA’ has been unabated since we first announced the film back in July at San Diego Comic Con. It would not surprise me if numerous theaters sell out.”
In advance of tonight’s opening, Funimation hosted premieres of “SHIN GODZILLA” last week to capacity audiences in Los Angeles as well as New York City, which was planned to coincide with New York Comic Con 2016.
“If audience reaction at our two premieres is any indication then ‘SHIN GODZILLA’ will be another box office success for Funimation Films,” said Mike DuBoise, EVP and COO of Funimation. “The fan base for Godzilla is as wide as the monster is tall. The enthusiasm and anticipation from fans – both young and old – as shared on social media is truly palpable. We encourage fans to pre-purchase tickets to guarantee a seat to this limited theatrical event.”
For more info, visit Sentai Filmworks.
BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play AdaptationDec 6, 11amWhile the BEASTARS anime adaptation is currently airing in Japan, more good news has been announced, especially for the long-time fans of the franchise. It was confirmed in the first 2020 issue release of Weekly Shonen Champion magazine on Thursday that a stage play adaptation of the BEASTARS manga is confirmed.
- Preparing Yourself 24 Hours Before the Anime Convention
- Pokemon Sword and Shield Remains #1 at Japan’s Video Game Rankings
- BEASTARS is Getting A Stage Play Adaptation
- Why Some Japanese Mobile Games End Service
- New Cast Members Announced for “Digimon Adventure: The Last Evolution Kizuna” Movie
- “Quintessential Quintuplets” Manga Set to End in 14th Volume
- Teaser Trailer and Main Visual Released for 24th Detective Conan Film, “The Scarlet Bullet”
- "Assault Lily Bouquet" Announces July 2020 Premiere, BanG Dream!’s RAISE A SUILEN As OP Song Artists
- New PV for “The Case Files of Jeweler Richard” Previews OP Song, Reveals January 9 Premiere
- Persona 5 Royal Set for A March 31, 2020 Release in the West
- Bandai is Releasing A Real-Life ‘Pot of Greed’ From Yu-Gi-Oh!
- January 11 Premiere, Episode 1 Synopsis Revealed for TV Anime of Idol Project “22/7”
- Haikyuu! Season 4 Reveals New PV, Confirmed for a January 10, 2020 Release
- New PV Reveals January 4 Premiere of “Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side-Story”
- New Teaser Video Reveals January 23 Premiere of BanG Dream! Season 3
- The Creator of ‘Fullmetal Alchemist’ and ‘Silver Spoon’ is Working on a New Story
- “Wasteful Days of High School Girl” Manga Gets a Live-Action Adaptation
- RADWIMPS Releases English Version of “Weathering With You” Song, Also Set to Perform on Kohaku Uta Gassen