HOUSTON, OCTOBER 4, 2016– Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its acquisition of the Squid Girl franchise for North America. Sentai’s acquisition will extend availability of the series, including seasons one, two, and the OVA’s to home video, television, and select digital outlets.
The cutest little tentacle-haired invader from the sea, Squid Girl, has come to subdue humanity! Unfortunately, she’s in hot water with the Aizawa siblings after a demonstration of her squid powers destroys their restaurant, the Lemon Beach House. Now, she’s forced to work as a waitress for them until she pays off her damages. Between her aquatic puns, bickering with the Aizawa sisters, tiffs with customers, and the many misadventures that come with seaside life, Squid Girl has her hands, and her tentacles, full!
The original manga series by Masahiro Anbe was serialized in Akita Shoten’s Weekly Shōnen Champion for nearly a decade from 2007 to 2016. Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, SHIROBAKO) directed the animated series, with series composition by Michiko Yokote (RIN-NE, SHIROBAKO). Animation production was handled by diomedéa (Gingitsune).
For Sentai Filmworks’ latest announcements regarding this and other great titles, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
About Sentai Filmworks, LLC
Sentai Filmworks is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Offering thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms, Sentai is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan. With hit series that include Parasyte –the maxim–, No Game, No Life, Food Wars!, Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, and Akame Kill!, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Himouto! Umaru-chan and Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes. For more information, visit www.sentaifilmworks.com.
Organizing Cosplay Events and ConventionsNov 27, 12pm
HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub Nov 27, 8am
“Demon Slayer” Movie Now 3rd Highest-Grossing Film in Japan of All Time After Beating “your name”Nov 24, 3am
- The Importance Of Education Is Acknowledged In 'Assassination Classroom'
- These Five Shows Are Leaving Netflix Starting Next Month. Watch Them Now
- Gintama Is The Strongest Character In Anime, Prove Me Wrong
- Here's Why So Many Young Women Love Fruits Basket
- Why Are People So Hyped For Demon Slayer's Next Season?
- 5 Shows You Should Watch Before They Leave Netflix Starting Next Month
- Why Naruto is Still The Best Anime of All Time
- The Fall of Anime Exports Caused Worries and Fears to Most Japanese Economists
- New Research Says Video Games Can Help Reduce Depression
- Why You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On These 5 Anime From Netflix That Suck
- Organizing Cosplay Events and Conventions
- 8th Season Confirmed for ‘Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories’, to Air in January 2021
- HBO Max to Stream Jujustu Kaisen in English Dub
- New “Quintessential Quintuplets” Season 2 Promo Video Focuses on Third Oldest Quint Miku
- New TV Ad for “Seven Deadly Sins” Reveals Theme Song Artists for New Series
- First of Two Anime Films Focused on “BanG Dream!” Band Roselia Set to Open on April 23
- “My Hero Academia” Twitter Accounts Post Teaser Photos for Anime Project
- January 9 Premiere, Theme Song by ClariS Revealed for “Cells at Work!!” Season 2